Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 16th September 2011 10:40 PM

THE PIGKEEPER'S DAUGHTER-cute pig, shit film.

SASSY SUE- like the above but with a cow.

nekromantik 17th September 2011 12:59 AM

just seen a new drama thriller called The Ledge.

starring Liv Tyler and Patrick Wilson.

i enjoyed it and it was pretty sad at the end. it was well made and acted movie.

plot is basicly a police officer finds a guy standing at the edge of a building ready to jump off and he starts to talk to the guy to find out why and then the guy tells him his story and you watch as you find out what happened.

8/10

Phurious 17th September 2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 181603)
Did you like that one? I remember trying to sit through it back when I was at Uni - think I managed half an hour before giving up :rolleyes: . . .

Yeh, I liked it a lot. It's not an easy watch by any stretch of the imagination, but the general conceit of the one take is done so well, and setting the whole thing in one of the world's greatest museums seemed to be an extremely clever artistic choice and budget saving device.

sawyer6 17th September 2011 09:09 AM

Well today I woke up and decide to watch the Deep Red BD ,better than a cup of coffee;)

Slippery Jack 17th September 2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 181824)
Yeh, I liked it a lot. It's not an easy watch by any stretch of the imagination, but the general conceit of the one take is done so well, and setting the whole thing in one of the world's greatest museums seemed to be an extremely clever artistic choice and budget saving device.

It's one of the many titles I think I'd enjoy more now I'm a bit older, but the idea is tainted by the memory of the first viewing. Same with the Japanese film After Life. It's probably amazing, but it remains the only film where I've fallen asleep in the cinema, surrounded by hardened cinephiles :blush: . . .

Slippery Jack 17th September 2011 09:26 AM

Wampyre

Being the Italian cut of Romero's Martin, with 'legendary' Goblin score. It's ten minutes shorter than the original cut, shedding several dialogue scenes, losing much of its impact as a character piece. The relationship between Martin and his cousin Christina is all but lost, along with Savini's scenes. The plot is needlessly jumbled (the opening train murder is shown later on in flashback), it's very jarring being so familiar with Romero's cut! The prog-rock Goblin score goes totally against the grain of the mournful tone - the sequence where Martin creeps around a victim's house is set to a frantic drum solo! Watch for the novelty value only . . .

Phurious 17th September 2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 181842)
It's one of the many titles I think I'd enjoy more now I'm a bit older, but the idea is tainted by the memory of the first viewing. Same with the Japanese film After Life. It's probably amazing, but it remains the only film where I've fallen asleep in the cinema, surrounded by hardened cinephiles :blush: . . .

Hardened cinephiles! :lol: Ooo eerrr!

Prince_Vajda 17th September 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 181840)
Well today I woke up and decide to watch the Deep Red BD ,better than a cup of coffee;)

One of my favourite Argento flicks! :nod: :thumb:

Greetings!

Slippery Jack 17th September 2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 181853)
Hardened cinephiles! :lol: Ooo eerrr!

Ha! No, not like that.... they were an annoyingly pretentious crew, the Uni cinema club. One of the times we went to see Vincenzo Natali's Cypher, which I really enjoyed, but the organiser apoligised to everyone afterwards for the pick, buncha bloody snobs . . .

Phurious 17th September 2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 181859)
Ha! No, not like that.... they were an annoyingly pretentious crew, the Uni cinema club. One of the times we went to see Vincenzo Natali's Cypher, which I really enjoyed, but the organiser apoligised to everyone afterwards for the pick, buncha bloody snobs . . .

If it's not black and white and or/or Russian you can never please a uni cinema club ;)

No doubt they could quote chunks of Cahiers du cinema and would earnestly hope to have their letters printed in Sight & Sound :lol:

I bet they're all raging gore hounds now!