All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179852Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I've been putting this off for such a long time now, feeling utterly fatigued with the found footage genre. Everyone says it's good so I really think I must give it a go.
and if you live near a FOPP store you can pick the Blu-Ray up for around £6!
Old 3rd November 2012, 09:14 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I definitely need to pick up The Sore Losers on dvd asap,an old vhs favorite.
Kerine Elkins,Mike Maker and Guitar Wolf are in it so it can't be bad,right?
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
LOVELY MOLLY. Incredibly downbeat and downright unsettling entry into the recent sub-genre of haunted house/demonic possession flicks. The plot is kind of short: woman moves into house and becomes possessed but the back story to this involves childhood sexual abuse, mental illness and drug addiction. Made by the director of THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, this has similarities to that film with a heavy dose of THE ENTITY added for good measure. The lead actress is very credible as she slowly slips into possession, madness and nudity. The ending will divide people with it's unmasking of the "evil" in the house, which I loved by the way. With all the nudity, drug use and central themes of abuse, I was very surprised that this is a 15 cert in the UK.

A bleak, slow burning film that will infuriate some with it's lack of explanation of events and clues to events which are never followed up. Highly recommended.
Its great innit!

Lovely Molly [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Eduardo Sanchez: Film & TV
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:15 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I forgot to mention in my review that Tortoise do the soundtrack, which will mean something to some and bugger all to others.
Wes and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict

Going to give ILL MANORS a try.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Gold Rush (1925)

Chaplin at his finest as the lone prospector who finds love and danger during the 1896 Yukon Gold Rush. One of the greatest films of all time actually lives up to its billing. The Gold Rush boasts some great comedy and thrilling set pieces, often at the same time.

I actually watched the 1942 edit of the film which dispensed with the dialogue plates in place of a Chaplin voiceover. Purists may disagree but it certainly helped the pace of the film and allowed it to zip along at a great speed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvdcover3.jpg (33.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 4th November 2012, 01:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

NIGHT OF THE ANATOMICAL DOLL - Hisayasu Sato is well known for his often very weird Pinku films which include odd, disturbing fetishes and voyeuristic themes. Most probably know him for 'Naked Blood' or 'The Bedroom'. This feels like a kind of precursor to 'Naked Blood' in some ways. A scientist moves into a new apartment and quickly finds herself surrounded by weirdos, including a creep who seems to be using surveillance techniques in order to merge with her identity and a medical student who has a disturbing fixation on his fathers prosthetic hand (!) Not as graphic as '... Blood' or as warped as some of his other stuff, but really quite strange, with trippy dream sequences involving meat raining down on writhing torsos etc etc. Well worth catching, although, like much of Sato's ouvre, not very available outside of the grey market.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Going to give ILL MANORS a try.
Very uneaven and sprawling and far too easy to lose track of what's going on, I also hate hip hop (if that's the term the young people are using these days) which is hop the film is narrated. That aside, despite having a lot of the flaws of a first time director the film is still worth sitting through, with some genuinely harrowing moments of life in the seedy underbelly of london among the junkies, dealers and gangs.
Old 4th November 2012, 08:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched the '81 My Bloody Valentine.

Awesome movie, if you watch it on blu pick extended cut. Seems all the gorey bits were spliced out for the theatrical cut, wouldn't be a very good movie without them though?

They mostly talk about MBV-3D in the extras so boohoo there.
Old 4th November 2012, 08:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The film was cut before it's theatrical release either because the MPAA insisted on it for an R-rating or because distributor Paramount wanted it to be less violent...

Like this? Share it using the links below!