Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179668Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2013, 03:31 PM
Cult Addict

Let it be known, I have nothing against sex in film. None what so ever, in fact, I encourage it. It's just over sexualisation in a childrens film...am I the only one who thinks it's just a bit 'not right'? Yes there is perseption, what what ever happened to loss of inocense?
Old 21st January 2013, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Thats all fair does, but some of the acctions perfomed by the fair in The Wizards a bit close to the cuff in my opinion. Mild sexuality in a PG im happy with, but when some sex based gag is introduced than the boards ****ed up big time.
How many people would have taken their kids to see Wizards back in 1977 when Stars Wars was the craze, like most of Bakshi's material it was rarely seen in cinemas and spent more time playing the sleazy picture houses. How could they advertise it 'from the director of Fritz The Cat' wouldn't really be appropriate on the poster which is probably the reason why his Lord OF The Rings failed. Just because a film is rated a PG doesn't mean it's suitable for all ages, it does mean Parental Guidance so it's upto parents to allow their children to see it. Bakshi's Fire & Ice is also rated a PG and that film is actually rather violent and is more like an animated Conan than just your average animated fantasy film.
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I don't know the film in question, but just because something is a PG or a U doesn't mean it is a children's film, just that the BBFC didn't think there was anything in it that needed to be age restricted.

Citizen Kane and The Red Shoes are U certificate, but you wouldn't let a kid watch them. They are adult themed films.
Invid Ninja likes this.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Black Narcissus is a U certificate! That's one of the most steamily erotic films ever made!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:47 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I don't know the film in question, but just because something is a PG or a U doesn't mean it is a children's film, just that the BBFC didn't think there was anything in it that needed to be age restricted.
that completely deffiets the point of a certificate system, but come to think of it I really don't care. PG is PG, I wouldn't let my kid's watch it. End of.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Does it defeat the point of certification?

So Citizen Kane should be an 18 because it's not a children's film?
Old 21st January 2013, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Does it defeat the point of certification?

So Citizen Kane should be an 18 because it's not a children's film?
It's content, the Nympho fairy in The Wizards displays act's of visceral sexuality throughout the film. Not appropriate content for a young child IMHO.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
It's content, the Nympho fairy in The Wizards displays act's of visceral sexuality throughout the film. Not appropriate content for a young child IMHO.
That will be why it's a PG then. Parental Guidance. Parents' decision. Sounds bang on to me.

I now want to see this film. I wonder if I still have it on VHS, think I had it and never watched it.

Wish I didn't keep my last piles of VHS in my bedroom, my bedroom is STUPIDLY cold!!!
Old 21st January 2013, 03:57 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
well in that case every CARRY ON film should be rated higher, they are all PG's and contain some very memorable dirty jokes and displays of sexuality i've been watching them since i was a very small child.
Rik, Gojirosan and Demoncrat like this.
Old 21st January 2013, 03:58 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
That will be why it's a PG then. Parental Guidance. Parents' decision. Sounds bang on to me.

I now want to see this film. I wonder if I still have it on VHS, think I had it and never watched it.
It's a good film, I think you will enjoy it. But I must disagree. Parental Guidance is all well and good, but alot of people don't take notice of what a PG truely means anymore. The instantly assume it's for children and plonck them in front of it. A 12 would be a better certificate as far as I can tell.

Like this? Share it using the links below!