Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2013, 10:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Sightseers was one of my favourite films of last year and the Blu-ray release is really good. Sightseers | Film 365
Good review, Nos.
Old 14th April 2013, 10:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 14th April 2013, 11:49 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Good review, Nos.
Thanks!
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 14th April 2013, 12:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

After watching The Testament of Dr. Mabuse last night the scary artwork makes sense now! Enjoyed it though, gonna order M I think.
Old 14th April 2013, 12:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Great collection; "Young Frankenstein," "Twelve Chairs," "Life Stinks," "History of the World, Part 1," "Silent Movie," "To Be Or Not To Be," and "High Anxiety."

Even the weakest film in this set, "Twelve Chairs," has it's merits in the guises of Ron Moody and Dom Deluise.

Monster Magnet
Old 14th April 2013, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Would you rather ,

Quite surprised with this fairly enjoyed it, group of people being tormented and tortured but they have to torcher each other, it doesn't rely on violence and gore more of atmosphere tension suspense etc, and it does that quite well,
Playing on characters fear and how far are you prepared to go to save the life of a loved one, only downfall I had was there wasn't much on the character side of their background and why they was there and the same for the bloke who was dishing out the choice of torture, but al in all a recommended watch either way.
nekromantik likes this.
Old 14th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched Evil Dead 2 on Film4 with an introduction by Bruce Campbell, and the trailer for The Evil Dead remake during one of the commercial breaks.I've never been a big fan of either ED2 or Army of Darkness, but after watching this Film4 screening I must admit I quite enjoyed it.It may have something to do with the fact I haven't watched it in a few years.I may well buy the new special edition BD when the price drops (if the price drops).
Old 14th April 2013, 08:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Would you rather ,

Quite surprised with this fairly enjoyed it, group of people being tormented and tortured but they have to torcher each other, it doesn't rely on violence and gore more of atmosphere tension suspense etc, and it does that quite well,
Playing on characters fear and how far are you prepared to go to save the life of a loved one, only downfall I had was there wasn't much on the character side of their background and why they was there and the same for the bloke who was dishing out the choice of torture, but al in all a recommended watch either way.
I quite enjoyed it too.
It was refreshing to see a "torture" flick that was actually good and not same old thing recycled.

Tonight I watched Steven C Miller's Under The Bed, its about 2 brothers who go up against a monster that lives under their bed. Now I enjoyed Millers Aggression Scale and Silent Night so was looking forward to seeing this. It has some good ideas and there was good parts but the end was a complete let down. It ruined the whole movie and just made me think meh. It had some cool ideas but the actual script was a bit hit and miss and I felt the characters were not well written. If your looking to spend 80 mins with a creature flick then check it out but be warned about the ending.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th April 2013, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Night of the Comet (1984) Not seen this since it was released in the 80's on rental VHS I seem to remember it being somewhat better!
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 14th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

THE HOBBIT...not the dwarf fetish dvd I was expecting.

Like this? Share it using the links below!