Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180146Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2013, 03:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
So if I follow what I'm seeing is actually a 4.3 image stretched lengthways?
I'll have a fiddle when I get in from work. Thanks for that.
Yep that's it, non-anamorphic widescreen is in a 4:3 format that needs manually stretching/zooming, thus losing out on some detail compared to anamorphic which is already set for 16:9, and yours is kinda half-stretched haha. No worries mate.
Old 26th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Red dawn.

A long time since I've seen it was expecting it to be a typical 80s brat movie but its so much more, great performances and darker than I remember. WOLVERINES!! 9/10

Trancers
Tim thomerson as jack deth not much else to be said 7.5

Trancers 2
For me a better movie than the first with a good cast including Jeffrey combs, Barbara crampton, Richard lynch . 8/10

Trancers 3
Probably my favourite of the movies, in no small part thanks to Andrew Robinson as the dreanged Col. Daddy muthuh. 8.5/10

Equilibrium
Brilliant movie, shame its taking so long to get around to watching it, very glad to have it in my collection. Some great fights but also top notch acting and story, poor old Sean bean is there nothing apart from sharpe in which he doesn't die! 9/10
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 26th July 2013, 09:00 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Red dawn.

A long time since I've seen it was expecting it to be a typical 80s brat movie but its so much more, great performances and darker than I remember. WOLVERINES!! 9/10
Avoid the remake at all costs, it's bloody dire.
troggi likes this.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Punisher: War Zone"
That's more like it! Ray Stevenson actually looks like Frank Castle and acts just as brutally. This is the dog's whassnames, no tedious origins to go through no trying to give Frank "humanity", no shades of monochrome just black and white. In the comics Frank Castle is not a man who is over-complicated by emotions, they were ripped from him when his family were killed, and that seems to be how he is portrayed in this film. He sees that he has killed a good man and goes to make amends. Not emotionally but "matter-of-factly!" Oh, alright then, in his dealings with the little girl his composure almost breaks but he just goes on to get the job done.

19/10 for sheer bloody mayhem and murder and a good number of faces blown off!

Monster Magnet
Old 26th July 2013, 10:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
"Punisher: War Zone"
That's more like it! Ray Stevenson actually looks like Frank Castle and acts just as brutally. This is the dog's whassnames, no tedious origins to go through no trying to give Frank "humanity", no shades of monochrome just black and white. In the comics Frank Castle is not a man who is over-complicated by emotions, they were ripped from him when his family were killed, and that seems to be how he is portrayed in this film. He sees that he has killed a good man and goes to make amends. Not emotionally but "matter-of-factly!" Oh, alright then, in his dealings with the little girl his composure almost breaks but he just goes on to get the job done.

19/10 for sheer bloody mayhem and murder and a good number of faces blown off!
Glad you enjoyed it Troggi after i raved about it to you.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:

"Lady Vengeance"
I'm a relative newcomer to Korean cinema having only seen a handful of films so "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance" was a new experience for me and I liked it! I refuse to say that I understood all of the film but I laid back and let the experience wash over me until the brutal "vengeance" whereupon I sat bolt upright having not "seen it coming"!

What a great film, I'll be keeping an eye out for the rest of the "trilogy" in my forays and I think that "Oldboy" will be on the agenda tomorrow (CEX usually have a couple of copies, if not HMV is only 5 minutes walk from there)! I was going to give this film only 15/10 but that "vengeance" scene really got under my skin and any film that leaves such a positive lasting impression on me deserves an outstanding 20/10!
The Trilogy is amazing check out I Saw the Devil if you have not seen it and a Bitter Sweet Life Dem recommended the latter to me and its a fantastic film.
Demdike@Cult Labs, troggi and SCM like this.
Old 26th July 2013, 10:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Glad you enjoyed it Troggi after i raved about it to you.
Thanks Dem. To be honest if it hadn't been for your recommendation it would've still been sittin' on t' pile waitin' but I had an itch that wouldn't be scratched to see some heads bein' twokked and that did the trick!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 26th July 2013, 11:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
The Trilogy is amazing check out I Saw the Devil if you have not seen it and a Bitter Sweet Life Dem recommended the latter to me and its a fantastic film.
I'm very glad I picked up "Oldboy" and "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance" today although I wouldn't mind the collectors set complete with "Oldboy" hammer/bottle opener combo! Strangely enough I already do have a hammer/bottle opener combo but it hasn't got "Oldboy" stamped on the head!

Monster Magnet
Old 26th July 2013, 11:07 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Strangely enough I already do have a hammer/bottle opener combo but it hasn't got "Oldboy" stamped on the head!
For those that love to crack a beer to celebrate cracking a skull
Old 27th July 2013, 01:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Anybody have this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stranger-Cal...birthday+to+me

Can't get it work tried for blu ray players!

Like this? Share it using the links below!