Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179849Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2013, 07:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'd love to see The Trip get the Blu treatment as well... one of my favourite films and one of Corman's best...

keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 25th August 2013, 07:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I'd love to see The Trip get the Blu treatment as well... one of my favourite films and one of Corman's best...

The dr phibes films. Comedy of terrors. Empire of the ants. Food of the gods. War gods of the fep. At the earths core. Last man on earth. Panic in the year zero. Haunted palace. Earth dies screaming. Hell the list is perhsps TOO LONG.
Old 25th August 2013, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Last Man On Earth really deserves the Blu treatment. For too long its been kicked around as a public domain title, and it's an important Horror film, bridging the gap between I Am Legend and Night of the Living Dead...
Old 25th August 2013, 08:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

legend of hell house

cant remember ever seeing this put really enjoyed it, shows you don't need a lot of blood or special effects to make a effective a chilling film, great acting and as i said very chilling and atmospheric 8/10

i monster
sadly disc damaged so back to zovistocks it goes.

cry of the banshee 6/10
Curse of Frankenstein
not much i can added about this wonderful and atmospheric film, just that i don't understand the hate the blu ray gets it look fine to me. 9.5/10

the revenge of Frankenstein
not my favorite of the hammer Frankenstein's but still an ok movie, with some great acting. 7/10

die kreatur
German version of this Frankenstein dvd, people will go yuk why bother its got Luke gross in it, but this is a surprisingly good tv mini series with good acting which includes William hurt, Donald Sutherland and directed by Kevin connor of motel hell, at the earths core and the land time forgot. good acting even from Goss and attention to period detail, shall watch the second part tomorrow.

now watching Nosferatu 1979, from small amount i've seen i think this will be getting a 9 or 10
Old 25th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
now watching Nosferatu 1979, from small amount i've seen i think this will be getting a 9 or 10
The opening music from Wagner's Ring, used during Bruno Ganz's journey to Castle Kinski is just incredible. One of the best splices of image and sound...
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 25th August 2013, 08:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Last Man On Earth really deserves the Blu treatment. For too long its been kicked around as a public domain title, and it's an important Horror film, bridging the gap between I Am Legend and Night of the Living Dead...
The midnite movies release of lmoe is excellent quality. Far better than any of the public domain releases. The material is out there! Its out on the double bill with the ray milland directed and starring PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO. An excellent little picture worth watching if you havent seen it already.
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 25th August 2013, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
The opening music from Wagner's Ring, used during Bruno Ganz's journey to Castle Kinski is just incredible. One of the best splices of image and sound...
Just finished watching it and I agree with everything you said absolutely amazing. So glad I ordered the herzog/kinski box set now
troggi likes this.
Old 25th August 2013, 08:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The midnite movies release of lmoe is excellent quality. Far better than any of the public domain releases. The material is out there! Its out on the double bill with the ray milland directed and starring PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO. An excellent little picture worth watching if you havent seen it already.
Yep, I have that very same disc, thanks. I thought the MM imprint was really great. Man With X Ray Eyes is another good one and Planet of the Vampires, amazing film, arguably my favourite Bava. No Alien fan should be without it...
troggi and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 25th August 2013, 08:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Yep, I have that very same disc, thanks. I thought the MM imprint was really great. Man With X Ray Eyes is another good one and Planet of the Vampires, amazing film, arguably my favourite Bava. No Alien fan should be without it...
I have an entire shelf of them. 47 discs in total. Given a lot are double bills thats a lot of films. Have you seen the CHOSEN SURVIVORS/EARTH DIES SCREAMING or BEAST WITHIN/BAT PEOPLE releases? Both are great fun imo. Beast is getting a blu release from scream factory. Should be good.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th August 2013, 08:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I have an entire shelf of them. 47 discs in total. Given a lot are double bills thats a lot of films. Have you seen the CHOSEN SURVIVORS/EARTH DIES SCREAMING or BEAST WITHIN/BAT PEOPLE releases? Both are great fun imo. Beast is getting a blu release from scream factory. Should be good.
Nope, missed all them, sadly but will keep an eye out, thanks. I remember The Beast Within was for years a constant fixture in my local videoshop - that old big box Warner clam shell box. I still remember that sleeve...

here we go...

keirarts and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!