Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180365Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2009, 08:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Just watched Mather's Fantacide... some nice gore (but not OTT), mixed with some laughs. Some weird shit as well though... the cat shagging / beating / eating scene was just ridiculous, as was the cross dressing torture by love-tester connected to an electrocuting black rubber cock scene...

Not recommended if you are easily offended though... The soundtrack, which is arranged and performed by Mather himself is hilariously innappropriate too! On the whole it works really well as a gore-soaked beer and pizza movie, but that said, I watched it without the aid of either beer or pizza and have to say that on the whole I enjoyed it.
Thanks for your comments there, Bizarre.

Sounds like one to avoid for me. Seriously I was only interested to see if it would have to be cut here. Sounds like it would. I know the director said the rape sequence would fall foul of the DPA.
Old 11th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Wanna trade it Angel?
Sorry Reaps, but trading isn't really my scene
Old 11th August 2009, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
You didn't like The Corpe Grinders I see then, Angel? I thought it was pretty good (in a bad way)
I found it a chore to sit through even with its short running time.
Painfully slow going and I'm afraid I didn't find it funny at all.
Old 11th August 2009, 08:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Thanks for your comments there, Bizarre.

Sounds like one to avoid for me. Seriously I was only interested to see if it would have to be cut here. Sounds like it would. I know the director said the rape sequence would fall foul of the DPA.
No probs Angel.

I have to agree with you and say it would be heavily cut here - mainly for the sexualised violence, but there are also some strong homophobic, xenophobic and racist overtones. Yes, the rape is fairly nasty - it involves gagging, savage punching, and a Smirnoff bottle... but I've seen a lot worse. There are also some other things that would not pass here uncut; a scene where one guy pisses on the face of a another guy before he cuts him open for instance...
Old 12th August 2009, 05:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sounds extremely nasty.

I don't think it has been released anywhere else that I am aware of at least. Yes I read the review in UNCUT a while back and they also mentioned the language. It's unusual for a UK film to be quite so extreme these days.
Old 12th August 2009, 06:54 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Sounds extremely nasty.

I don't think it has been released anywhere else that I am aware of at least. Yes I read the review in UNCUT a while back and they also mentioned the language. It's unusual for a UK film to be quite so extreme these days.
ahh yes... the c word does crop up every now and again... (every few seconds actually!). Fantacide's intention is to make a statement, that's for sure. They've even inserted a fake 'Government Announcement' ad which they cut to while a couple of guys are watching TV; the jist of which is that we live in a police state and unless you're a minority - you're ****ed.

However everything present seems to be conducted in a semi-light-hearted manor, so it is very hard to find any of it too shocking IMO...
Old 12th August 2009, 06:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The bank job:based on actual events in london in the early 70's with some neat little twists,which pisses all over guy ritches recent output. Enjoyable.

Candyman2:farewell to the flesh,an above average sequel to a truly memorable original,with tony todd once again donning the hook.

Out for justice: excellent segal actioner which is fast paced and incredibly violent,well for mainstream actioners anyway.

No retreat,no surrender: ludicrious martial arts flick,notable for an early appearance from van damme. Incredibly daft,although the last 15 minutes are excellent stuff.
Old 12th August 2009, 06:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE BANK JOB does put GR's recent crap to shame.Statham is an actor I've a lot of time for.

Stevie Seagull is extremely popular at the moment.I watched OFJ the other night.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th August 2009, 07:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
THE BANK JOB does put GR's recent crap to shame.Statham is an actor I've a lot of time for.

Stevie Seagull is extremely popular at the moment.I watched OFJ the other night.
Cash converters had submerged and pistol whipped in stock for a quid. But i passed.

I need to see hard to kill next.
I did have marked for death,but the uk release is still cut.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Have you been watching the Seagal verses Van Damme season Reaps?I watched Van Damme in "Until Death" last week,what a almost great little film.Van Damme plays a heroin using cop who buggers a whore over a pool table!It was basically "The Bad Lieutenant" with a great big shoot out at the end.Of course Seagal could kick his arse or at least snap his wrist.

Like this? Share it using the links below!