Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
'Beyond The Black Rainbow' is amazing.
So is Blood Shack, you are all wrong!
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
So is Blood Shack, you are all wrong!
If you can get your head round 'Blood Shack', then you probably don't have to worry about anything in life. Ever. I've tried it, but I just can't get there.
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:40 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
If you can get your head round 'Blood Shack', then you probably don't have to worry about anything in life. Ever. I've tried it, but I just can't get there.
If I recall correctly, I watched most of the films in Nightmare USA whilst liberally abusing the massive amounts of Tramadol I had been prescribed for kidney stones. The book and films in it give me a warm fuzzy glow just thinking about them.
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
If I recall correctly, I watched most of the films in Nightmare USA whilst liberally abusing the massive amounts of Tramadol I had been prescribed for kidney stones. The book and films in it give me a warm fuzzy glow just thinking about them.
kek
you guys are the best.

oh hai mark
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
'Beyond The Black Rainbow' is amazing.
is it just me or does this guy from black hole with the entirely black face helmet thing look like the guy with the red face from beyond the black rainbow?
(thanks for all the suggestions you guys are giving me.they all look really interesting.)

oh hai mark
Old 3rd May 2015, 11:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sunset Boulevard (1950)

9/10

!!!!!
Old 4th May 2015, 12:09 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Sunset Boulevard (1950)

9/10

!!!!!
thats not scif budoven.......

oh hai mark
Old 4th May 2015, 12:10 AM
Cult Master

Watched the following today too many to go to deep into each one.

Drive In Massacre
Horny couples get picked of while not watching the feature presentation while at the local drive in. The manager of the drive in is a complete asshole and treats his staff like shit all the time. Two cops local cops are investigating the murders by going undercover at the drive in when one of them is sporting a lovely frock they look like the ugliest brother and sister couple I have ever seen. Some of the dialogue had me laughing my ass off my favourite was while asking a suspect about the murders they asked why was he peeping to to the cars of young couples his reply was I just wanted to beat my meat

It's slow but I liked it has bad acting strange dialogue but the skills are decent and it did keep me interested until the ending which for me was worth it. I'm sure this can be picked up for next to nothing with bad PQ thrown in

Mausoleum
A ten year old girl is traumatised by the death of her mother her only living gaurdian after her father died 3 years earlier. As an only child she inherits the family fortune but it's not just riches she inherits she also must carry with her an ancient family curse.

I love this film really wish it would get a proper release maybe a Blu Ray some day. Great practical effects the acting is solid apart from the maid and the gardener but everyone else is convincing there is also some great lighting when the possessions are in full flow the very vibrant pinks and greens look great even with such bad PQ on the DVD. Again well worth a watch if you like boobs gore and demonic possession which is everyone right

The Mutilator
A boy accidentally shoots his mother dead while cleaning his fathers study for the birthday. The father hits the bottle and waits to get his revenge on his son years later. That's not a spoiler they show the fathers face right from the start of his killing spree so there are no surprises. The son goes to his fathers beach front summer home to lock it up for the winter when his friends go missing one by one. The group consists of three couples all stereotypical you get the jock guy that can't act for shit and talks like a caveman with a broken jaw we get the prankster guy who's jokes are not funny and you just want him to die soon to get him off the screen then we get the quite reserved girlfriend who won put out. I love this film too not sure if it has if is getting a blu ray but it deserves it maybe one for 88s slasher collection there are some brilliant practical effects and nice kills watch out for one of theist over acted deaths ever in the first kill has me in tears from laughing everytime. Recommended

Bad Taste
Aliens land in a small town in New Zealand and wipe it out to turn the residents into not so fast food but one this stands in their way ......The Boys . Early Peter Jackson Sci Fi horror comedy gore fest. This film is a fun time all the way The Boys are funny a shit especially Ozzy who just wants to beat the crap out of the alien invaders and blow shit up. The gore here is fantastic and over the top plenty of exploding heads brains flying everywhere people drinking sick "ain't I the lucky one I got some chunks" limbs getting chopped off and just an all around great time. Great great fun film.

Creepshow
Split into 5 great stories each one never over stays it's welcome and the pay off in each one is great. Some fantastic lighting and use of colours in these stories I especially love the green used in the story about the meteor called The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill. Everyone knows and has seen this so I don't need to add anything else other than if you have not seen this don't waste anymore time watch it.

A Sunday well spent it's a bank holiday here tomorrow so I will be having an other marathon while I'm off work.
Old 4th May 2015, 02:34 AM
Active Cultist

In The House of Flies, 2012. 7/10

This was a very slow burn; psychological horror. Awesome cinematography even though basically shot in a small cellar. The two leads did well and of coarse so did Henry Rollins, he's not on screen but his sinister voice through a telephone line gave me chills.

Blood Slaughter Massacre, 2013. 8/10

Had to use this poster cause it's allbaddass. Loved this! I felt all comfy cozy watching, reminded me of old slasher films, you have the babysitter, the shower scene, a party were everyone is getting high/drunk. The alcoholic Detective and well, you understand. : )
Old 4th May 2015, 07:59 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the commander View Post
I don't know if either of these would be classed as 'cult', but Silent Running is an all-time great, and Under the Skin is one of the best from recent years, along with Ex Machina, Transcendence and Interstellar.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!