All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2019, 08:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Murder Mystery (2019)

Don’t be put off by the fact this film stars Adam Sandler, I’ve just finished watching it and it’s a brilliant er...murder mystery film that’s very funny, full of twists and with a great cast (even Sandler for the first time in years!) that includes forum favourite Gemma Arterton, David Walliams, Jennifer Aniston and Terence Stamp 5/5

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618434/reference

It’s already broke viewing records on Netflix with over 30 million people watching it since it was released on Monday!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th June 2019, 08:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Pink Flamingos (1972)

Its pretty hard to forget a film that back in 1972 must of seemed pretty strong, and even by todays standard, of big budget super hero flicks and remakes, that even a jaded old misery guts like myself still felt quite uncomfortable watching it again all these years later, it still has the power to shock, well it left me with my jaw flapping on the floor when I first saw it years ago on video, and still when I re-watched it, it knocked me off balance with its black humour and outrageous and dare I say shocking scenes...You kind of forget how much an Auteur John Waters was back in the day, most of his recent movies are great and enjoyable but are safe as houses and you could easily watch with your dear old granny...Even watching this on my own I felt uneasy and a bit out of sorts with actual reality, at times I thought I might of been hallucinating what I was watching ala Videodrome,but no such luck, there really was a chicken in that scene. Its not that I'm easily shocked or a prude, but I really had forgotten what its really like to be effected by a film, years of endless video,dvd,blu-ray and internet, and I thought I was impervious to anything. Thank god for Mr Waters and Divine...but why do I have a craving for eggs...???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1618-pink-flamingos-poster-large.jpg (101.5 KB, 8 views)

Old 20th June 2019, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Great review there btw Ron

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 20th June 2019, 10:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Basically a what if story, what if Superman was a psychotic / perverted little shit , and was sent to earth to destroy it, rather than be a bacon of light for humanity. Snyder if you want to do a dark "superhero" this is a better way to do it than than your craptastic efforts. Would like to see a sequel as plenty of ways the film could go. Surprisingly gory and dark,want to know what would happen if Superman threw someone at a wall,ran into them or used he's heat vision on some ones head? Then heres the movie for you. 7/10

Last edited by trebor8273; 21st June 2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 21st June 2019, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

9.5/10

8/10

10/10

Will see tomorrow if it was a good idea to make 4 and how it rates. Let's hope it doesn't make me bubble like a baby like 3 does.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
Old 21st June 2019, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Noted t!!!

Happy Death Day 2 U

Sequel to ... the first film . College students beware! Basically a total rehash (duh, it's a SEQUEL). A lot of fun. Well, I laughed at it (apart from the mush ) ... utter nonsense from beginning to end. Entertaining and doesn't overstay it's welcome.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 21st June 2019, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Noted t!!!

Happy Death Day 2 U

Sequel to ... the first film . College students beware! Basically a total rehash (duh, it's a SEQUEL). A lot of fun. Well, I laughed at it (apart from the mush ) ... utter nonsense from beginning to end. Entertaining and doesn't overstay it's welcome.
I watched this last night, got a deal from Sky giving me £7 off any film, so it cost me £2.99 for the digital copy. I liked it just as much as the first one, utter bollocks but entertaining enough to warrant a blu ray purchase
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st June 2019, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed then. Her determined pout made me weep with the laughter. Nae since The Visit etc ...

[B]
Old 21st June 2019, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Vacation (2015)

Re-watch and still a hoot with some genuinely funny scenes. Christina Applegate's return to her old college house is class. I think this will be one i return to many times.

Boat Trip (2002)

Cuba Gooding Jr and Horatio Sanz play two mates tricked into going on a gay cruise after they insult their travel agent (a cameo from Will Ferrell).

Whilst it sounds crude it isn't.... no of course it is. There are gay sex jokes aplenty as well as the usual stereotypes. However none of the gay characters are portrayed in a bad light nor is there much in the way of homophobia, which i find refreshing. It's not until Sanz accidentally shoots down a helicopter carrying the Swedish Massage Team, including Victoria Silvstedt, that the proper toilet humour begins especially from team coach Lin Shaye.

Roger Moore, yes that Roger Moore, plays an old queen (his words) on the cruise, in his final big screen appearance and he's a delight. Comical and a lot of fun, there's even a pivotal moment where he sends himself up beautifully - "You may think of me as simply a hard-partying old queen, but for *your information* I spent 32 years in the SAS, serving Her Majesty, the *real* Queen. I've been in five different theaters of war, done 490 jumps, 27 of them into hostile territory. I'm what you colonials might call a bad-assed mother****er, who happens to be skilled in the fine art of Japanese flower-arranging!"

As with many films of this ilk at the heart of it is a cheesy old rom-com, this time between Gooding Jr and Roselyn Sanchez as the cruise dance instructor.

Boat Trip doesn't have a great reputation. People tend to love or loathe it, i'm in the love it camp and have watched it many times over the years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vacation_poster.jpg (24.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg large_3xE5Qhyc85g6qf6Cc79hjR9PA9P.jpg (97.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 21st June 2019, 10:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I was pleasantly surprised by Vacation when I watched it considering I was already geared up to hate it, found myself laughing loads throughout
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!