Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2023, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This is one I haven’t watched since VHS and I do really fancy it lately. Is it currently available in HD I always had a feeling it was out of print.
Amazon £6.99. Six in stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

Probably five once you've read this.
Old 14th August 2023, 04:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Amazon £6.99. Six in stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

Probably five once you've read this.
Only five left in stock now
Old 14th August 2023, 06:32 PM
Cult Addict

There is a newer release from Fabulous Films. A 30th Anniversary Edition, dearer obviously. Seems to have a few more extras and includes a poster.

Cape Fear - 30th Anniversary [Blu-ray] [1991] https://amzn.eu/d/i2O9RCs
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 14th August 2023, 07:24 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Devil Hunter (1980)

Following the kidnapping of a famous screen siren a couple of army veterans set out into the South American jungles to bring her back but soon have to contend with cannibals and their weird deity as well as the kidnappers.

Al Cliver is in genuine heroic leading man form in this dubious effort from Jess Franco which lacks anything in the way of political correctness (Thank God). It's a riot of dire dubbing and daft antics chock full of nudity with a naked ping pong ball eyed cannibal dude at the center of it all.

It's certainly sleazy and quite camp with it yet for all it's wonkiness it looks quite beautiful with some gorgeous locations and cinematography to match... when Franco isn't zooming his lens into tribe girls arses that is.

Devil Hunter is one of those Franco films that i just cannot dislike. It's seriously flawed and practically impossible to critically analyze but great fun so just sit back and go along for the ride.
I genuinely like this film. It is utterly bizarre when the character has a ptsd flash back to Vietnam. One other thing I like about Jess Franco is the beautiful crumpet that are always nude.
Old 14th August 2023, 07:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
There is a newer release from Fabulous Films. A 30th Anniversary Edition, dearer obviously. Seems to have a few more extras and includes a poster.

Both are from Fabulous Films and both are identical except the newer one you pay six quid more for the fold out poster.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 14th August 2023, 08:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post

Other than the artwork and poster, they seem to have the same specs, including features, so I didn't want to pay twice the price for a poster that would never leave the box!
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 14th August 2023, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Werewolf of Washington. The new White House press secretary gets bitten by a wolf while overseas, and coming back home to start his new job finds things getting a bit hairy - and the corpses starting to pile up - around the full moon. The legend that is Dean Stockwell stars in this early 70s satirical comic horror that is tough to find - managed to find a HD copy on YT finally - and doesn't have the greatest reputation but I found it thoroughly entertaining, great fun and often very funny. Me want the Blu ray now!
Old 14th August 2023, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Both are from Fabulous Films and both are identical except the newer one you pay six quid more for the fold out poster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Other than the artwork and poster, they seem to have the same specs, including features, so I didn't want to pay twice the price for a poster that would never leave the box!
Gents you are as usual correct. The way it's listed on Amazon the one appears to have marginally more extras but in reality it's only a reversible sleeve and poster.

Last edited by J Harker; 14th August 2023 at 11:30 PM.
Old 15th August 2023, 04:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Insidious: The Red Door. 2023.

Set 9 years after the second film, The Lambert family trying to move on, Josh and Dalton have no memory of "The Further" are having visions of something that's trying to awaken their memory and fears. Patrick Wilson takes the directors chair for this installment and he does his best with this, yeah one or two decent jump scares but it takes it time to really get into it, setting up the atmosphere that can seem a bit predictable. May not be the best in the installment but a second viewing will happen and may change my opinion on the film.

insidious-5-the-red-door.jpg
Old 15th August 2023, 05:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hoarder. 2015.

Ella and her friend Molly go to check out a storage room in a facility only to open a door and release something inside.

Mischa Barton takes the lead as the woman who thinks her partner is cheating and wants to find a diary in a secret storage unit yet somehow manages to get the wrong unit, open the door and all hell breaks. Robert Knepper plays the copper checking out his storage and becomes a bit of a hot tempered guy trapped with Valene Kane, John Sackville and Richard Sumitro. At times this seemed to copy the brit film Storage 24, people separating and looking for things to take, a unseen enemy that pops up and kills, a guy living in the storage unit. This had no tense moments for me, half way through I realised someone else was involved in the main reveal yet never gave a explanation and can only think that someone needed a hobby. Good plot line but the acting wasn't that great which is a downer.

MV5BMjE3NzQ3OTc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI0OTM2OA@@._V1_.jpg
(A.K.A The Bunker)

Like this? Share it using the links below!