Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th November 2011, 03:43 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think that the same with many countries which is why so many people speak English well as their second language whilst we, in the UK, generally suck at speaking foreign languages fluently.

That said, although Mandarin is the world's most widely spoken language, English is generally considered the 'universal language' and it's great humour can cross language barriers.
Hehe.. But our second language is spanish, not english (which I think is extremely stupid because spanish is a very easy thing to learn when you speak portuguese)... And I must say: Mostly of my collector fellows from Brazil don't purchase DVDs without portuguese-brazilian subtitles because they can't barely understand english.. That's a shame, I know.. Here if you want to learn english you must pay for special classes or learn by yourself (my case.. LOL) because the english they teach is school is like a class for children where they just teach the basic, like "hi" and "good morning"..

Otherwise, I totally agree about it: English is the universal language and I'd die if I couldn't communicate myself using this marvelous language! I know I ain't like an English expert but I can chat with friends, understand movies without subtitles and make my DVDs purchases!! lol.. So that's enough..
Old 16th November 2011, 03:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Trust me, your English is excellent and, if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think English was your first language as your grasp of the language puts some people from the UK to shame!
Sammy likes this.
Old 16th November 2011, 03:58 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Trust me, your English is excellent and, if I didn't know otherwise, I'd think English was your first language as your grasp of the language puts some people from the UK to shame!
Oh dear! You made my day!
Old 16th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist

@Sammy

I saw this in HMV today Jurassic Park Trilogy: Ultimate Collectors Edition T-rex Model: Bonus Digital Co (2011): BLU-RAY: hmv.com and thought of your collection or maybe you have it?

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 16th November 2011, 04:10 PM
Active Cultist

Thanks mate!
I surely want this set but I'm still thinking about that wooden box from Germany... ehehehe. So I need to make a choice before my purchase because I really love Jurassic Park but Black Friday is about to come and I must have money to spend with the great deals.. lol!
Phurious likes this.
Old 16th November 2011, 04:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Oh dear! You made my day!
I suppose your English is so good because you use it every day, whereas I studied French and German until I was 16 (and Latin when I was 14) but, because I don't converse with people in French or German, the amount I knew then has probably halved and I wish I could speak French fluently.

Being able to speak Spanish and English in addition to Portuguese means you can communicate with most people in the world -- at least the whole of the American continent, from the southernmost point of Chile to Alaska!
Old 16th November 2011, 04:15 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I suppose your English is so good because you use it every day, whereas I studied French and German until I was 16 (and Latin when I was 14) but, because I don't converse with people in French or German, the amount I knew then has probably halved and I wish I could speak French fluently.

Being able to speak Spanish and English in addition to Portuguese means you can communicate with most people in the world -- at least the whole of the American continent, from the southernmost point of Chile to Alaska!
Hhehehe.. You're possibly right about it.. I have so many friends for everywhere so is the best way to communicate
I really wish I could learn some oriental language though.. That would be so nice..
Old 21st November 2011, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Pictures of Arrow Film's re-release of the Russ Meyer boxset with new booklet and Europe in the Raw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC11842.jpg (90.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11840.jpg (90.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11839.jpg (94.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg SDC11837.jpg (98.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 24th November 2011, 08:00 PM
Active Cultist

AC/DC Backtracks Deluxe Edition with the real Amp for guitar!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24th November 2011, 08:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

AC/DC Backtracks Deluxe Edition with the real Amp for guitar!!!!!!!!!!!
Just... WOW.

Like this? Share it using the links below!