Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2010, 11:42 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
That's a fantastic collection Reaper and beautifully displayed. I simply don't have room for mine so the 1450 (ish) films on DVD are filed away in three large metal DJ cases (the exception being the Shameless series that are on a shelf). I have my TV DVDs on floor to ceiling shelving talking up about 1/3 of a wall and my 204 Blu-ray Discs filed in black disc binders. Any pictures would therefore look crap!

I do have an old photo of my collection when it was less than half the size it is now and covered an entire wall on 5 x 3 metre shelves.

For an idea of what I have, I use DVD Profiler and my collection is here. It's split into BDs, then DVD Films, DVD TV and then music, sport, comedy etc... There are some terribly embarrasing and utterly terrible films included (Marley and Me, Bride Wars and Max Payne being the worst) but these are review discs that I've added - being a collector has its downsides!
Yeah, I use DVD Profiler too Nosferatu (as in my sig) It's an awesome program, it's just a shame the online looks so shit!
Old 21st January 2010, 11:46 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Yeah, I use DVD Profiler too Nosferatu (as in my sig) It's an awesome program, it's just a shame the online looks so shit!
Very true, which is why I took the more involved route of hosting my own website using the data from my profiler database. You can see my collection here: http://sutekh.mine.nu/dvd/ . It looks similar but you can click the covers to see large versions and can sort/filter the listing.

It's a bit of effort to set it up and you need to know a tiny bit of PHP/MySQL but once that is done, keeping it up to date is not much more effort than uploading to the Invelos provided online site.
Old 21st January 2010, 12:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And what do you do with the cases for all the dvds that you have filed away Nosferatu? You throw them away like my cousin has?
Old 21st January 2010, 12:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I have a stash which contains a fair amount of different cases, singles, doubles, triples, and different colours but I generally send any that I don't need to the plastic recycling. I know I could probably sell them but it's too much hassle for the financial return!

All the covers/leaflets/booklets/etc. are put in polypockets and kept in lever arch files. Slip cases and non-standard boxes are stored in boxes in the attic.
Old 21st January 2010, 07:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Very true, which is why I took the more involved route of hosting my own website using the data from my profiler database. You can see my collection here: http://sutekh.mine.nu/dvd/ . It looks similar but you can click the covers to see large versions and can sort/filter the listing.

It's a bit of effort to set it up and you need to know a tiny bit of PHP/MySQL but once that is done, keeping it up to date is not much more effort than uploading to the Invelos provided online site.
Definitely an improvement on the Invelos model, but the hassle of exporting to XML and then uploading and messing about with PHP... not my forte I'm afraid!

I might set up an account on DVD Aficionado; as at least then my collection is more browsable (for a start you don't need to click on a title to see what version it is, and which artwork etc.) It also looks a lot cleaner, and clearer. There is a lot of info to absorb on both the PHP and Invelos versions; for instance the general curious soul wouldn't necessarily care that a disc was dual layered and which studio produced it etc. - it works well as a database, but unfortunately not as an easily browsable collection.

Nice collection btw!
Old 21st January 2010, 08:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Cheers for the kind comments Nosferatu.

I've a list on DVD Aficianado,but it's nowhere near finished...it gets quite eye-boggling after a while.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Cheers for the kind comments Nosferatu.

I've a list on DVD Aficianado,but it's nowhere near finished...it gets quite eye-boggling after a while.....
I'd love to see a link to it when it's complete mate.
Old 21st January 2010, 09:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll stick one up when I've done it mate.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st January 2010, 10:21 AM
Cult Rookie

I'm slowly getting my Shameless shit together, they do look great!
Taking this oppourtunity to show of my collection....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 166.jpg (97.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 167.jpg (99.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 165.jpg (95.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg 164.jpg (99.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 163.jpg (103.4 KB, 51 views)
THE MAYOR likes this.
Old 5th February 2010, 09:26 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Great collection Schramm.

Guessing by your alias you'll have a few German splatter films there - Loving the shelf of Troma's too.

Like this? Share it using the links below!