All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th September 2011, 07:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not winding you up -- I thought that was an old one but have just checked IMDb and found that it isn't!

As someone who knows just about everything about Jackie Chan's films, could you recommend three titles that someone who knows absolutely nothing about Jackie Chan films should watch?
Sorry, didn't mean to react like that just took me by surprise that's all I forget that some people may not have the same knowledge as others.

My personal favourite three are most probably (and this could change on a daily basis):

Drunken Master 2 (AKA Legend of the Drunken Master in US)
Miracles
Police Story 3: Supercop

but seriously there are really too many greats to narrow it down to a genuine top three, any of the ones (as Stephen just said) with the Trio are fantastic.

Search on youtube for 'Jackie Chans top 10 fight scenes' and see if any tickle your fancy

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Last edited by antmumford; 6th September 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 6th September 2011, 07:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Nice to see some love for Miracles.
Old 6th September 2011, 07:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

For me, Drunken Master 2, Armour of God and Police Story are the best ones. but Snake In The Eagles Shadow and Meals on Wheels are also a must
Old 6th September 2011, 07:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I bought Armour Of God II on BD. I'd love to get the first film too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really need to get myself a multiregion player, it's the only way I'll be able to get the best versions of all his films. There's so many BDs that are Region A so I just can't buy them. Makes me sad....very sad

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th September 2011, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Is there a Jackie Chan topic already?
If not,we need one.
Old 6th September 2011, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
For me, Drunken Master 2, Armour of God and Police Story are the best ones. but Snake In The Eagles Shadow and Meals on Wheels are also a must
*cough* Wheels on Meals.... sorry

Back to Topic!!!

In response to bdc ............ http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/acti...an-thread.html
bdc likes this.

Old 6th September 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Excellent video with some awesome fight scenes. To further prove what a negative impact this place has on my wallet, I've ordered Police Story (Hong Kong Legends) and Drunken Master (both new or like new), which came to just over £10 with postage from Amazon Marketplace. I might have to check out Drunken Master 2 as well judging from the fight scene in that video!
Old 6th September 2011, 08:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Excellent video with some awesome fight scenes. To further prove what a negative impact this place has on my wallet, I've ordered Police Story (Hong Kong Legends) and Drunken Master (both new or like new), which came to just over £10 with postage from Amazon Marketplace. I might have to check out Drunken Master 2 as well judging from the fight scene in that video!
Good choices, although once you watch Police Story you're gonna have to get Police Story 2 and check out my all time favourite Childrens Playground fight scene. Jaw dropping stuff.
As for Drunken Master 2 unfortunately there's not an Uncut anamorphic DVD available anywhere in the world. You can only really get the fantastic looking DVD or BD from the US but it's the International cut missing the offensive scene at the end and it has a new dub.

Old 6th September 2011, 10:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haha, that's what I meant! I've got a copy of Cannonball Run on Betamax somewhere, if I can find it, yuan have it if you want?
Old 13th September 2011, 12:28 AM
Active Cultist

From Sweden.. Limited to 1000 sets...

Like this? Share it using the links below!