Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4195Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2012, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

nice pic b_e. I'm ashamed to say I've not seen much of Redemption's output although I do have a few of their dvds. Will have to rectify that soon.

I had to move all my BD's and DVD's out of my study the other week (don't ask) along with the shelves and most other furniture so am currently in the process of putting everything back in order. I don't have half as many as a lot of people on here but might post pics when I'm done, along with the obligatory Arrow and Shameless collections (the latter of which finally has all of the films as a result of receiving Cemetery Man today!).
Old 19th May 2012, 04:12 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Redemption have released some great films, although many (Rollin's work in particular) are an acquired taste.

I've officially run out of space on my shelves, so have had to resort to something I promised myself I'd never do with my BDs, and that is double face.

This means that almost half of my BD collection is currently hidden behind other titles. Sacrilege, and possibly even a ban-worthy offense, but my entire Arrow BD collection is currently hidden behind my Criterion BDs!

It'd be nice to see some pics of your collection once it's all back in order too, Paul.
Old 19th May 2012, 04:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Redemption have released some great films, although many (Rollin's work in particular) are an acquired taste.

I've officially run out of space on my shelves, so have had to resort to something I promised myself I'd never do with my BDs, and that is double face.

This means that almost half of my BD collection is currently hidden behind other titles. Sacrilege, and possibly even a ban-worthy offense, but my entire Arrow BD collection is currently hidden behind my Criterion BDs!
Hey, other mods, can I be the new mod when you've stripped bizarre_eye of his title due to this heresy?

Pain and storage is such a pain though, I only have 3 Ikea Billy bookshelves (modified to fit more shelves in) and already have little space. I don't have any more space in the room for any more shelves!
Old 19th May 2012, 04:21 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Due to some new arrivals, I tidied up my BD collection a bit today, and especially for Hawkmonger, thought I'd post a quick pic of the first 12 Redemption BDs sitting pretty on my shelf

I understand that some may consider me a heretic for not putting them in spine no. order, but it has become habit for me to sort everything alphabetically (and in the case of BDs by distributor).

I might post some more pics of my collection soon.
I was just about to say that! That would drive me mad not having the spine numbers in order! Although, I'm that bad, I actually have my Arrow blu-rays in order of the FCD numbers at the bottom of the Spines. Same with the Arrow dvds.
Old 19th May 2012, 04:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:

Those must be some deep shelves if you can put two rows of movies in them.

Are you putting them spine facing out or covers facing out ?

I need to desperately buy another shelf, the shelf retails for $79.99 plus tax. I have seen some other shelves for less at another store But I really want them to all match. Currently I do have two other shelves that don't match or hold as much as the other three shelves that hold the bulk of my collection.

I was going to buy one this paycheck but ended up buying Diablo 3 instead .
Old 19th May 2012, 06:20 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisturn View Post
Those must be some deep shelves if you can put two rows of movies in them.

Are you putting them spine facing out or covers facing out ?
It's a glass fronted cabinet, and is pretty deep, so all the BDs can be shelved spine facing out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg View.jpg (101.4 KB, 29 views)
bdc and InDogWeTrust like this.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:22 PM
Cult Addict

Oh! Who released that BD of Hardware? I love that film.

DVD and BD collection
Old 19th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Oh! Who released that BD of Hardware? I love that film.
I love it too.

That's the Severin US BD, although there is a UK release from Optimum / Studio Canal.

I chose to get the US release mainly for the exclusive No Flesh Shall Be Spared documentary.
Old 19th May 2012, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict

I already own the studio canal release. But I would be more than happy to upgrade. I'll have to have another Planet Axel spree soon, it's pay day on wednesday.

DVD and BD collection
Old 20th May 2012, 04:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
It's a glass fronted cabinet, and is pretty deep, so all the BDs can be shelved spine facing out.
What's that Goonies box I see down the bottom? Is it a Blu Ray anniversary edition or something? It looks bigger then the DVD anniversary edition. What may I ask is inside it?

Like this? Share it using the links below!