Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I wish I hadnt looked at this thread. Now I have severe DVD collection envy
Old 4th July 2009, 01:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I wish I hadnt looked at this thread. Now I have severe DVD collection envy
Ahh BZ it is also quality that counts some of us mysef included may have excess of 2000 BUT some titles are shameful hee hee. bet you have got some decent titles
Old 5th July 2009, 09:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I'm not too familiar on how to upload photos on to the web but once i get help i'll post some pics of my collection here. On Facebook i'm a member of the Shameless group and my own account has some snaps of my DVD titles way back from 2005. However, since then i've picked up many more titles and have been forced to box 'em all up to save space. Hence one of the reasons i'm looking for my own place and once i get a flat i can't wait to display all my DVDs for all you good and gory folks to see!
Old 5th July 2009, 02:16 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quick a quick question to everyone, this seemed the right place to post it. I dont have anywhere near as many films as some people here and I have yet to come up with a way of ordering them thats totally satifactory. I've tried a-z by title but whats the point of owning (almost) every John Carpenter film if there not togther, I have tried a-z by diretor but dont like that either. I now have a weird kind of favourite director/genre order but am still not totally satified.

The question is how do you do yours?
Old 5th July 2009, 02:38 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I divide mine up into sub genre's 1st, ie Cannible, Zombie , Slasher etc, then I store them by director and what order they were made by each director, in each sub genre section.
I also have my DPP collection and these are stored under DPP 39 as well as my main collection as I get 2 of each on the 39, though I havent got all 39 yet.

I store my Shameless titles as one collection but my 3 ARROW MOG have been put in my to watch pile and will be stored as per main collection.
My Wresting DVDs are stored by company and date.

I have my to watch pile seperate.

I'm a bit OCD ish.

BTW, Bio Z , ,my collection is no where a thousand as I have to budget between DVDs, Blu's , Books and Games, so I stick 90% to my 'Need' list.
Old 5th July 2009, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

My collection is scattered all over the house in a random order.The main problem with this is that I never watch the film I'm looking for as something else always grabs my eye before I find the title I'm after.I've tried loads of different systems of ordering my DVDs and like this one the best as I like the randomness of it.Sorry if I've upset any of you OCDers out there!
Old 6th July 2009, 09:13 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I store my dvds by distributor ( yes i have a Vipco shelf! )

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 6th July 2009, 05:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In the living room,they're stacked by distributor,in all other places,it's a free for all.....a fricking nightmare to be honest.I need to get rid of some....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th July 2009, 05:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
In the living room,they're stacked by distributor,in all other places,it's a free for all.....a fricking nightmare to be honest.I need to get rid of some....
I'll 'ave 'em!
Old 6th July 2009, 05:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

a NEW TRADE LIST GOIN UP SHORTLY...

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!