Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2015, 11:14 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
No i must get a copy cheers.
It is quite different in some ways to the film mainly though they are not called The Warriors but The Dominators.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've got the disc out to watch one day next week. It's too late now.

I'll post a review of my thoughts.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:19 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
It is quite different in some ways to the film mainly though they are not called The Warriors but The Dominators.
Im going to have to order a copy right away.
Old 12th February 2015, 11:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've got the disc out to watch one day next week. It's too late now.

I'll post a review of my thoughts.
Look forward to reading it.
Old 13th February 2015, 08:13 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Bronx Warriors was better.

Seriously though. I have that Ultimate Directors Cut edition. Is that better or worse than the original as released film?
I prefer the theatrical cut but, if you're not a really big fan, the differences (mostly comic book style inserts for scene changes) don't make buying both versions a priority.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I prefer the theatrical cut but, if you're not a really big fan, the differences (mostly comic book style inserts for scene changes) don't make buying both versions a priority.
The comic book inserts were Hill's original idea for the film. In the source novel by Sol Yurick, one of the gang is reading a comic book of the ancient Greek text 'Anabasis' by Xenophon. It is this story that Yurick based the book 'The Warriors' on.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The comic book inserts were Hill's original idea for the film. In the source novel by Sol Yurick, one of the gang is reading a comic book of the ancient Greek text 'Anabasis' by Xenophon. It is this story that Yurick based the book 'The Warriors' on.
I haven't read the source material, but feel as if I should. The comic book inserts jar with me as they are so different from the rest of the film that they take me out of the moment and add a later of artifice which I don't feel is necessary.
Old 13th February 2015, 12:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't read the source material, but feel as if I should. The comic book inserts jar with me as they are so different from the rest of the film that they take me out of the moment and add a later of artifice which I don't feel is necessary.
I have always avoided this version as sometimes directors aren't always the best authors of their work!
Old 13th February 2015, 12:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I have always avoided this version as sometimes directors aren't always the best authors of their work!
It can also work the other way, such as with the theatrical version of The Exorcist being a better film than the one William Peter Blatty likes, which has now become The Director's Cut, and is slightly overwritten. In that case, I feel William Friedkin was right!
Old 9th May 2015, 03:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Fog (1980)

Quote:
11:55, almost midnight. Enough time for one more story. One more story before 12:00, just to keep us warm. In five minutes, it will be the 21st of April. One hundred years ago on the 21st of April, out in the waters around Spivey Point, a small clipper ship drew toward land. Suddenly, out of the night, the fog rolled in. For a moment, they could see nothing, not a foot in front of them. Then, they saw a light. By God, it was a fire burning on the shore, strong enough to penetrate the swirling mist. They steered a course toward the light. But it was a campfire, like this one. The ship crashed against the rocks, the hull sheared in two, mars snapped like a twig. The wreckage sank, with all the men aboard. At the bottom of the sea, lay the Elizabeth Dane, with her crew, their lungs filled with salt water, their eyes open, staring to the darkness. And above, as suddenly as it come, the fog lifted, receded back across the ocean and never came again. But it is told by the fishermen, and their fathers and grandfathers, that when the fog returns to Antonio Bay, the men at the bottom of the sea, out in the water by Spivey Point will rise up and search for the campfire that led them to their dark, icy death.

Like this? Share it using the links below!