Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th September 2015, 07:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I am finding myself in HMV more often these days, buying 88 or Odeon blus and every time, they ask me if I want to buy one of their loyalty cards and I say no. Now that HMV's prices are more competitive, I'm beginning to wonder whether this might be a worthwhile investment. Does anyone have one and are they any good/how do they work? Do you have to spend enough to buy a small country to make it worthwhile or do the points build up fairly quickly?
Old 11th September 2015, 08:16 AM
Cult Addict

I have one. I'm buggered if i know where it is because i could never manage to register the damn thing on there website.
Old 11th September 2015, 08:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I am finding myself in HMV more often these days, buying 88 or Odeon blus and every time, they ask me if I want to buy one of their loyalty cards and I say no. Now that HMV's prices are more competitive, I'm beginning to wonder whether this might be a worthwhile investment. Does anyone have one and are they any good/how do they work? Do you have to spend enough to buy a small country to make it worthwhile or do the points build up fairly quickly?
Maybe this'll answer some of your questions:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/hmv/p...51630139272504

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th September 2015, 08:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I have one, I think I have about 70,000 points on it which equates to a £700 spend, anything worthwhile (and there isn't much) is around the 100,000 points mark.

You can now get store discount though, 55,000 for £10 off, 30,000 for £5. I'll probably start taking advantage of that soon.

I'm always forgetting my card, the handy thing is you can just add the points via the receipt.
Old 11th September 2015, 06:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

There used to be really good rewards before the company went in to admin. I used to get year long subscriptions to Sight and Sound and Empire for around 50k points, now the only thing worth getting is the £10 voucher for spending in the shop

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th September 2015, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default hmv

Quote:
yes its worth getting one , got a beautiful large extremely limited Graham Humphreys print of the town that dreaded sundown remake which is much better than the movie
Old 13th September 2015, 03:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks folks may get one next time I'm in!
Old 29th September 2015, 06:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default like a sexy hooker,out of my price range.

Otto Preminger Film Noir Collection

Not so much is it worth buying,of course it is,but has anyone took delivery and if so a simple scoring system that can rate the boxset and PQ,or maybe a thumbs up,or perhaps a one word review that would sum up everything that is good and wholesome.

7105xfdtWTL._SL1083_.jpg

Old 29th September 2015, 06:42 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Otto Preminger Film Noir Collection

Not so much is it worth buying,of course it is,but has anyone took delivery and if so a simple scoring system that can rate the boxset and PQ,or maybe a thumbs up,or perhaps a one word review that would sum up everything that is good and wholesome.

Attachment 170541
Mine should be arriving tomorrow.

However, there are some comparison reviews over at DVD Beaver:

Fallen Angel
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Whirlpool

Here are some more pics of the set to whet/inflame your appetite:

Vipp and Inspector Abberline like this.
Old 29th September 2015, 06:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

You've got me all excited cheers

Like this? Share it using the links below!