Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2012, 10:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I hear the upcoming play.com exclusive steelbook of Terminator is using a new HD remaster but I think it's sold out already so may be a lot to buy on eBay. I'll ask on Blu-ray.com and see if I can get a definitive list
Cheers, I was going to order that steelbook but it doesn't seem to be listed on Play.com anymore, just the standard Blu
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th August 2012, 07:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Cheers, I was going to order that steelbook but it doesn't seem to be listed on Play.com anymore, just the standard Blu
Right the definitive list is pretty straight forward, they're all UK releases

1. The new remastered version, due out 01/10/2012. Steelbook sold out but Amaray available
2. The original Optimum UK release, don't get the Skynet one unless you want the extra extras
3. UK
4. UK

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 10th August 2012, 07:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Right the definitive list is pretty straight forward, they're all UK releases

1. The new remastered version, due out 01/10/2012. Steelbook sold out but Amaray available
2. The original Optimum UK release, don't get the Skynet one unless you want the extra extras
3. UK
4. UK
Nice one, cheers Ant
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th August 2012, 01:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Ok, so i got my Ilsa films today and most go out with a big warning of the seller ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____ on amazon. He got a lot of positive feedback but just look what i got.

First of all i didn't get the box for the films. They came separatly and all DVD cases are of different types.

All covers looks blurry and does not look like professionally printed.

The disc for Tigress of Siberia states PAL while the covers on all three films states NTSC. Is this mistake also on the real ones?

And the worst: Just look att the She Wolf DVD. This cover is printed on a thicker material than the others and the disc.. well.

What surprised me the most was that the disc are not printed on DVD-R but real ones.

Comments?
I used to have that set and sold the two DVDs that are available in the Anchor Bay set because the latter has superior image quality (stronger colours, better compression, more detail and sharper).
Old 17th August 2012, 01:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I used to have that set and sold the two DVDs that are available in the Anchor Bay set because the latter has superior image quality (stronger colours, better compression, more detail and sharper).
I must say that i overreacted a little I contacted them and i got what i ordered in just a couple of days, so in the end everything worked out just fine.
Old 24th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Active Cultist

This might have been asked before but what is the best version of I Saw The Devil to buy, The International cut or the Korean cut?
Old 25th August 2012, 10:23 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnashsear View Post
This might have been asked before but what is the best version of I Saw The Devil to buy, The International cut or the Korean cut?
It's almost a coin toss decision – I really like them both. The director prefers the international cut but the Korean version (I think) has more gore, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 15th September 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What's the print quality of the films in this set?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 15th September 2012, 05:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

"Retromedia's re-release of Hercules and the Captive Women is part of their new 9-film Hercules Collection box set. As a set, it's pretty hit or miss — roughly half the films have been presented in their original aspect ratios, while others are cropped and look to have been sourced from very inferior prints. Fortunately, Captive Women is one of the films that fare better in this collection. The back of the slipcase indicates that the film was shot in 70mm, which is inaccurate — like the subsequent Hercules in the Haunted World (not presented in this set, but available as a beautiful DVD from Fantoma) it was shot in the Super Technorama 70 process, an anamorphic process that still made use of 35mm film. The source materials are in pretty good shape — there is some wear and tear in evidence, but on the whole it looks sharp and colorful. The 2.35/16x9 transfer does justice to Carlini's cinematography and compositions, and the film is apparently fully uncut. The mono English soundtrack has the limitations one would expect of a dubbed film of this vintage but it gets the job done; alas, Italian tracks have not been provided for any of these films.
As a bonus feature on the Captive Women disc, Retromedia has thrown in Margheriti's horror-tinged Hercules, Prisoner of Evil (1964). Park and Manni return for more action, and it's an enjoyably loopy piece with plenty to recommend; alas, the fullframe transfer looks pretty rough, and the print looks to have been been through the grinder a few times" (Eccentric Cinema)

Eccentric Cinema | HERCULES AND THE CAPTIVE WOMEN

And another review here:

DVD Verdict Review - Hercules Collection
Pete likes this.
Old 19th September 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Are ALL Jean Rollin Blu-rays from Redemption region-free? I own numbers 1 to 5, but I'm not sure about the newer releases.

Greetings!

Like this? Share it using the links below!