Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1863Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2016, 06:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Brides Of Dracula

Has anyone got,or more importantly watched the blu ray of this? ~internet trolls are grumbling about the screen ratio.

81ngs3lxgGL._SL1500_.jpg

Old 6th November 2016, 10:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Anyone seen Attack of the Lederhosen Zombies? Any good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1o1VOiisqL._SL1500_.jpg (99.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 19th November 2016, 02:17 PM
Cult Master

Bit different this one

I have just got the "Friday 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" 10 disc dvd boxset from a charity shop for £2:00

Trouble is...it's a Region 1 release, so I will have to use a computer to convert it so that I can watch it

I already have parts 1 - 3 and 'Freddie Vs. Jason' on region 2, so my question is this: I don't really want to double up, so are the versions of these films in this boxset the same, or are they different versions (uncut, extended etc), and do they contain any extra features (other than the ones on the tenth disc)?

Thanks in advance

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th November 2016, 02:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Bit different this one

I have just got the "Friday 13th: From Crystal Lake To Manhattan" 10 disc dvd boxset from a charity shop for £2:00

Trouble is...it's a Region 1 release, so I will have to use a computer to convert it so that I can watch it

I already have parts 1 - 3 and 'Freddie Vs. Jason' on region 2, so my question is this: I don't really want to double up, so are the versions of these films in this boxset the same, or are they different versions (uncut, extended etc), and do they contain any extra features (other than the ones on the tenth disc)?

Thanks in advance
There are no uncut or extended versions sadly. Part 3 has a commentary. However at only £2 for an extra 5 films i'm not sure what the problem is. There must be something different to my region one CL-M box set as it only has 9 discs. 8 films plus one disc of extras.

Parts 6,7 & 8 all sport chat tracks.
Old 19th November 2016, 02:38 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Bit different this one

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There are no uncut or extended versions sadly. Part 3 has a commentary. However at only £2 for an extra 5 films i'm not sure what the problem is.
No problem as such, other than I didn't want to waste time and blank discs in the computer converting four films that I already have, if they are going to turn out to be exactly the same

Quote:
There must be something different to my region one CL-M box set as it only has 9 discs. 8 films plus one disc of extras.
It seems that discs 1 - 9 are parts 1, 2, 3, 4: The Final Chapter, 5: A New Beginning, 6: Jason Lives, 7: The New Blood, 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, 9: Freddie Vs Jason (one disc) and disc 10 is the extras disc, which (according to the packaging) contains - The Friday 13th Chronicles (8 part featurette), Secrets Galore Behind The Gore (3 part featurette), Crystal Lake Victims Tell All, Tales From The Cutting Room Floor, Friday Artifacts And Collectables, Scary Trailers)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th November 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult Veteran

I've got the British version, it only has the 8 films in and no bonus disc

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th November 2016, 02:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
No problem as such, other than I didn't want to waste time and blank discs in the computer converting four films that I already have, if they are going to turn out to be exactly the same

It seems that discs 1 - 9 are parts 1, 2, 3, 4: The Final Chapter, 5: A New Beginning, 6: Jason Lives, 7: The New Blood, 8: Jason Takes Manhattan, 9: Freddie Vs Jason (one disc) and disc 10 is the extras disc, which (according to the packaging) contains - The Friday 13th Chronicles (8 part featurette), Secrets Galore Behind The Gore (3 part featurette), Crystal Lake Victims Tell All, Tales From The Cutting Room Floor, Friday Artifacts And Collectables, Scary Trailers)
Mine is the earlier version without Freddie vs Jason. Still has the same extras disc though.

Wonder why there are no Goes to Hell and Jason X.? New Line released Freddie vs Jason as well as those two.
Old 19th November 2016, 02:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've got the British version, it only has the 8 films in and no bonus disc

Typical isn't it. Although i still haven't actually watched the extras disc. I bought it when it originally came out Stateside as well.
Old 19th November 2016, 02:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Typical isn't it. Although i still haven't actually watched the extras disc. I bought it when it originally came out Stateside as well.
It cost like £20-25 used as well because it's been OOP for ages, seems it is OOP everywhere these days, even the Bluray box set that came out!

I think thought, with the Crystal Lake Chronicles clocking in at about 8 hours or whatever it is, I don't need the extras disk, I have another doc as well, I think it's called 'His Name Was Jason'.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th November 2016, 02:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It cost like £20-25 used as well because it's been OOP for ages, seems it is OOP everywhere these days, even the Bluray box set that came out!

I think thought, with the Crystal Lake Chronicles clocking in at about 8 hours or whatever it is, I don't need the extras disk, I have another doc as well, I think it's called 'His Name Was Jason'.
I still haven't bought Crystal Lake Chronicles. I suppose because the huge hard back book was so exhaustive.

Like this? Share it using the links below!