LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2014, 11:28 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
What on earth do people see in the utter garbage pale that is Event Horizon? I'm watching it again today and my mind is made up, it's the most over rated piece of space toss ever committed to celluloid. it didn't flop because of editing decisions or studio cuts... it flopped because it's utter garbage... WHY do people like this movie?
I think we will have to agree to disagree as I think it works as a horror film due to the atmosphere, tension and scares. It's not a brilliant film, but it's one I really like and watch far too infrequently.
Old 18th October 2014, 05:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I agree Biz, that film is toss.

Here is a genuine question, i'm not just being a dick.

What on earth do people see in the utter garbage pale that is Event Horizon? I'm watching it again today and my mind is made up, it's the most over rated piece of space toss ever committed to celluloid. it didn't flop because of editing decisions or studio cuts... it flopped because it's utter garbage... WHY do people like this movie?
Finally, people seeing sense. I watched it a fair few years ago and thought it was absolute tripe. Looked and felt like a horror channel film. I may need to give it another watch though in case it was just the mood I was in
Vipp likes this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 18th October 2014, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Blair Witch Project

I can't see what all the hype was about. I was sat there thinking something good must happen in a minute - nope, then thought the same all the way through the film.

The Royal Tenenbaums

This film was a "comedy" but I couldn't see where the comedy was. I found the film a plodding borefest

:zombiegrave:
trebor8273 and Vipp like this.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Finally, people seeing sense. I watched it a fair few years ago and thought it was absolute tripe. Looked and felt like a horror channel film. I may need to give it another watch though in case it was just the mood I was in
Ant i will be honest, today was the third time watching the film because i was SO sure (from my peers) that it was myself at fault and the film was a cult classic waiting to be enjoyed... but now i can say three times is enough for me to say that the film is dreadful. I also respect Nos and any one else who like the film and wish i could be part of the in crowd but the movie is just terrible. I am a big Sam Neill fan and think he does a great job with what he was given to play (possessed ship builder) and also i can see the incredible Laurence Fishburne owning the screen and becoming something much better than this film could offer, that's right, i can see the birth of Morpheus in his role on this ship. apart from those two actors this film has nothing else to offer myself and i can say it has played for the last time in our house (one last thing - It has to be said that the set (minus ALL CGI) is also very well made and quite effective given it's age in the long line of brilliant Sci Fi films with incredible ships). (Unless Nos movies into the neighborhood and fancies a beer whilst we MST the crap out of the movie for youtube! HAHA. )
Old 18th October 2014, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Event Horizon-a film I've never managed to get all the way through....
antmumford and Vipp like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Ant i will be honest, today was the third time watching the film because i was SO sure (from my peers) that it was myself at fault and the film was a cult classic waiting to be enjoyed... but now i can say three times is enough for me to say that the film is dreadful. I also respect Nos and any one else who like the film and wish i could be part of the in crowd but the movie is just terrible. I am a big Sam Neill fan and think he does a great job with what he was given to play (possessed ship builder) and also i can see the incredible Laurence Fishburne owning the screen and becoming something much better than this film could offer, that's right, i can see the birth of Morpheus in his role on this ship. apart from those two actors this film has nothing else to offer myself and i can say it has played for the last time in our house (one last thing - It has to be said that the set (minus ALL CGI) is also very well made and quite effective given it's age in the long line of brilliant Sci Fi films with incredible ships). (Unless Nos movies into the neighborhood and fancies a beer whilst we MST the crap out of the movie for youtube! HAHA. )
I love the film and I always have but I haven't got it on Blu yet
Vipp likes this.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll maybe give it another whirl....
Vipp likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th October 2014, 06:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Guys if you want to give it another shot put your cash down for a month of Netflix and watch it on there.
Old 18th October 2014, 07:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've probably put this on here before but I'm going to say Romero's Night of the Living Dead -- it's so boring I can't watch it from beginning till end without falling asleep at some point.
Old 18th October 2014, 07:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I've probably put this on here before but I'm going to say Romero's Dawn of the Dead -- it's so boring I can't watch it from beginning till end without falling asleep at some point.
Slight edit and i agree with you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!