Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th July 2017, 05:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default 6 DAYS Official Trailer

sas

Demoncrat, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 31st July 2017, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

135 min plus there will be a sequel

More details here

Official Runtime For Stephen King's 'IT' Remake Revealed

BBFC, an organization responsible for the classification and censorship of films and related media in the United Kingdom, has revealed that the film will be approximately 135 minutes long.

Unlike Stephen King’s original novel and the 1990 television miniseries, which combined both narratives in a single story, the remake will focus solely on the children and will later be followed by a sequel centered on the adults as they defeat the evil clown Pennywise for good.

Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel. A group of young kids face their biggest fears when they seek answers to the disappearance of children in their hometown of Derry, Maine. They square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries.

Directed by Andy Muschietti, the film stars Finn Wolfhard, Jaeden Lieberher, Wyatt Olef, Jack Grazer, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, and Bill Skarsgård.

IT will be released in theaters on September 8, 2017
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st July 2017, 09:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
135 min plus there will be a sequel

More details here

Official Runtime For Stephen King's 'IT' Remake Revealed

BBFC, an organization responsible for the classification and censorship of films and related media in the United Kingdom, has revealed that the film will be approximately 135 minutes long.

Unlike Stephen King’s original novel and the 1990 television miniseries, which combined both narratives in a single story, the remake will focus solely on the children and will later be followed by a sequel centered on the adults as they defeat the evil clown Pennywise for good.

Based on Stephen King’s best-selling novel. A group of young kids face their biggest fears when they seek answers to the disappearance of children in their hometown of Derry, Maine. They square off against an evil clown named Pennywise, whose history of murder and violence dates back for centuries.

Directed by Andy Muschietti, the film stars Finn Wolfhard, Jaeden Lieberher, Wyatt Olef, Jack Grazer, Jeremy Ray Taylor, Sophia Lillis, Chosen Jacobs, and Bill Skarsgård.

IT will be released in theaters on September 8, 2017
Its not really a sequel , don't why they used that word it's just part 2. It's a long time since I read the book but wasn't it two parts,one when they were kids and when the returned as adults?

A sequel to me would be a sequel to IT.
keirarts likes this.
Old 31st July 2017, 09:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Its not really a sequel , don't why they used that word it's just part 2. It's a long time since I read the book but wasn't it two parts,one when they were kids and when the returned as adults?

A sequel to me would be a sequel to IT.
I think the novel alternates between stories about children and adults – I'm not sure it's a linear storyline. As such, it makes sense to adapt a book of that size into two separate films rather than make one bloated film or a shorter one which does a huge disservice to the source material.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here first lot of reviews to the Dark Tower

And their not really that good ,more of a thumbs down than a thumbs up .

The Dark Tower's first reviews are in — is it a Stephen King classic or supernatural sludge?
keirarts likes this.
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think the novel alternates between stories about children and adults – I'm not sure it's a linear storyline. As such, it makes sense to adapt a book of that size into two separate films rather than make one bloated film or a shorter one which does a huge disservice to the source material.
Indeed it does. (That's why it's bleedin' long )
At times you are wrenched away from some quite exciting stuff whilst King works through yet another childhood trauma .... I digress. But this is how he writes or at least did with the later books ... I do still want to reread Salems Lot . I never noticed it because I was so callow it seems. He just annoys me now.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Indeed it does. (That's why it's bleedin' long )
At times you are wrenched away from some quite exciting stuff whilst King works through yet another childhood trauma .... I digress. But this is how he writes or at least did with the later books ... I do still want to reread Salems Lot . I never noticed it because I was so callow it seems. He just annoys me now.
I thought that was the case there was actual. The reason for my uncertainty is I've been listening to the audiobook at night, hoping it sends me to sleep, but also finding the story fascinating and probably staying awake more than I should!

My reason for thinking the book is non-chronological was because I remember hearing the passage with Ben being attacked by Henry's gang and the next thing I remember was listening to Beverley's violent confrontation with Tom Rogan and there is no way I could have been asleep long enough to miss several decades!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 3rd August 2017, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. Which isn't very cinematic. I understand that
Most Lovecraft isn't 'cinematic' either .... a series of correspondence culminating in a visit? Thrilling sounding stuff!!! (The Whisperer In Darkness )
I bleedin' digress.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th August 2017, 09:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Eli Roth directs... Bruce Willis stars... AC/DC soundtrack... Death Wish!

This looks good to me.

Old 4th August 2017, 10:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Eli Roth directs... Bruce Willis stars... AC/DC soundtrack... Death Wish!

This looks good to me.

Seen a lot of comments today and yesterday saying it looks crap. I think it looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of the Charlie Bronson Death Wish movies.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!