Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3591Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2021, 05:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Michael B. Jordan to Make Directorial Debut With ‘Creed III,’ Set for Thanksgiving 2022 Release

Michael B. Jordan to Make Directorial Debut With ‘Creed III,’ Set for Thanksgiving 2022 Release

Michael B. Jordan will pull double duty on the newest “Creed” installment, starring in and directing “Creed III.”
MGM announced today that Jordan will make his directorial debut with the new film, which is set to be released in theaters on Nov. 23, 2022. Tessa Thompson and Phylicia Rashad are expected to return for the third installment, written by Keenan Coogler (“Space Jam: A New Legacy”) and Zach Baylin (“King Richard”), based on an outline by Ryan Coogler.

“Directing has always been an aspiration, but the timing had to be right. ‘Creed III’ is that moment — a time in my life where I’ve grown more sure of who I am, holding agency in my own story, maturing personally, growing professionally, and learning from the Greats like Ryan Coogler, most recently Denzel Washington, and other top tier directors I respect. All of which sets the table for this moment,” Jordan said in a statement.
Old 11th March 2021, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 11th March 2021, 06:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...gos-lanthimos/

MOVIESWillem Dafoe and Emma Stone in Talks for ‘Frankenstein’-Esque ‘Poor Things’ from Yorgos Lanthimos

Greek filmmaker Yorgos Lanthimos (The Killing of a Sacred Deer) is next set to adapt Alasdair Gray’s 1992 book Poor Things for the screen, a Frankenstein-esque tale that now has two big names in talks to star. Deadline reports this week that Willem Dafoe (The Lighthouse) and Emma Stone (Cruella) are in talks to headline the cast of Searchlight and Film4’s movie.

Deadline details, “The film will be a Victorian tale of love, discovery and scientific daring. Poor Things tells the incredible story of Belle Baxter, a young woman brought back to life by an eccentric but brilliant scientist.”

“The main body of the work centres on Bella Baxter, a woman whose early life and identity are the subject of some ambiguity. That ambiguity is complicated by her husband Archibald McCandless’s autobiography, “Episodes from the Early Life of a Scottish Public Health Officer,” which distorts the truth about his life with Bella. This is followed by Bella’s (or Victoria’s) refutation of its facts, suggesting that her “poor fool” of a husband has concocted a life for her from the prevailing gothic and romantic motifs of the period: it “positively stinks of all that was morbid in that most morbid of centuries”. This is reinforced by the novel’s intricate echoes of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.

“These fictitious historical documents are prefaced with an introduction by one Alasdair Gray, who presents himself as the editor of the following text, and relates the ‘discovery’ of the papers by his real-life friends, Michael Donnelly and Elspeth King. The introduction also hosts a critique of Glasgow City Council’s treatment of its culture and heritage in the neglect of the local history museum, and a brief mention of Glasgow’s time as the European Capital of Culture in 1990, which would be the subject of a more sustained satire in his novel Something Leather.”
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 14th March 2021, 10:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/att...sh-john-boyega

ATTACK THE BLOCK SEQUEL: JOE CORNISH & JOHN BOYEGA WORKING ON FOLLOW-UP

Attack the Block, John Boyega, Joe Cornish

Ten years ago today, Attack the Block premiered at the SXSW festival and writer/director Joe Cornish had no idea how the audience would react. "We hadn't really shown it to a broad audience, let alone an American-international audience," Cornish told Entertainment Weekly recently. "So, for me, it was a shot in the dark. I remember having no idea how people would react to it at all. When I showed it to the cast, they just laughed because they were so tickled by seeing themselves onscreen, pretending to be these characters. They just spent the whole film laughing and I was like, that's not how you're supposed to react! So, that was a bit weird. I had no idea what the response was going to be [at SXSW]. No idea at all." The sci-fi horror comedy followed a teenage gang in South London (led by a young John Boyega) as they're forced to defend their block from an alien invasion.

Attack the Block wound up becoming a cult classic, and fans have eagerly been awaiting any news of a possible sequel. Well, when asked by Entertainment Weekly if there was any chance of revisiting the Attack the Block universe, Joe Cornish said, "We're working on it at the moment. John Boyega was round at my place a few weeks ago and we sat in the garden — socially distanced — talking about story ideas until it was so dark we couldn't see each other. So, yeah, we're working on that." Who knows whether a sequel to Attack the Block will actually materialize, but it's a project that both Joe Cornish and John Boyega have remained passionate about over the past decade.

This isn't the first time that Joe Cornish has teased a potential Attack the Block sequel, as he told the Script Apart podcast last year that John Boyega and himself have "had ideas [for a sequel] since after the first one, but obviously we’ve both been busy doing different things. In a weird way, kinda, the longer you leave it the more interesting it is. So that’s what I’ll say." The film remains a favourite of mine, particularly it's unique aliens (the big alien gorilla wolf motherf**kers), and I would absolutely welcome a sequel.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 15th March 2021 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed Google affiliate link
Old 16th March 2021, 02:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Teaser for the new 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'

Apparently..."the movie is set many years after the events of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, with Leatherface now a much older man."

‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’: Fede Alvarez Confirms the New Movie is a Sequel With “Old Man Leatherface” [Exclusive] / Bloody Disgusting

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th March 2021, 02:37 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

According to an article in the new Empire magazine, Young Guns 3: Alias Billy the Kid is out next year.

Starring and directed by Emilio Estevez.
Justin101 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 16th March 2021, 04:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MrBarlow likes this.
Old 16th March 2021, 04:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

MrBarlow likes this.
Old 16th March 2021, 04:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Old 16th March 2021, 10:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Troma release slutty the clown .

Like this? Share it using the links below!