All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2012, 02:02 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

"Hi again, Guys!

I’ve been trying to dig up those old Bay of Blood roughs for you to take a look at but I’ve got a feeling they were sold along with a bunch of Hammer sketches at Memorabiliaa couple of years back. Some of the ideas were put to use in an absolutely filthy but ruinously expensive book called Greasemonkey (bound edition $800!!) but I really smutted them up and they’re not appropriate for here. If you want to see just how low I’ll go to make a buck though, email me at rick@stunninglysavage.com and I’ll send you the images.

Speaking of roughs, yesterday Almar slung my preliminary oil of …..(I can’t say yet, it’s a secret) back at me, so I’m sitting here with a right cob on. It’s my own fault I suppose because I couldn’t be bothered to wait for his discs to arrive so just made some stuff up.This has left me at a bit of a loose end today. I can start a Strippers and Werewolves job that’s just come in or do a bit of Dark Side work (DS editor Allan Bryce is no hassle at all, he’ll accept anything as long as I leave the nipples off!) but I’ll have to dump these jobs as soon as Almar’s precious discs plop through the door. Trouble is he pays the best so I just have to suck it up and take out my wrath on my dog, Westie Snipes. I’m only jokingof course. I love both Almar and Westie Snipes!

Anyway, enough of that. Maybe you guys can tell me what to do with a couple of my paintings (let’s hope they fit up there!) Most of my originals sell pretty quickly on Ebay but two have really stuck. Mike Tyson has been on there so long I’ve stopped listing it for fear of pissing him off and Swamp Shark has been rotting on there for weeks.Take a look and tell me where I’ve mucked up. I think they’re great!"

- Rick Melton

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cult labs swamp shark.jpg (97.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg cult labs tyson.jpg (93.5 KB, 1 views)
Rik and mr 420 like this.
Old 9th February 2012, 02:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

There are not words enough to express my love for that Swamp Shark pic!
Old 9th February 2012, 02:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

In fact, I just bought a print of it on eBay - sorry I couldn't afford the actual painting Rick!

Old 9th February 2012, 02:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
There are not words enough to express my love for that Swamp Shark pic!
It is very good.
Old 9th February 2012, 03:57 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
In fact, I just bought a print of it on eBay - sorry I couldn't afford the actual painting Rick!

Many thanks, Gojirosan, you've cheered me up no end! Swampy will be speeding towards you first thing tomorrow and because you've yanked me out of my funk I've bunged you in a Zombie too!
All the Best,
Rick
Old 11th February 2012, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Damn you Melton!!! I thought that first one was for an Arrow Zombie Flesh Eaters.
My thoughts exactly but i still live in hope!

Rick's ZFE illustration is fine with me and it would be nice to see another more apocalyptic design donated with an abundance of deadsters shuffling rampant either through Matul or New York.

Both the monochrome and colour D:POD artworks get my seal of approval too so i'm satisfied either way. Good stuff!
Old 11th February 2012, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Our first project will be The Deadly Spawn (absolutely frikken’ brilliant movie!). Unfortunately TDS has to be nailed inabout 3 days so there’s not much room to manoeuvre but I’ll post up eachday’s work for you to comment on.
Is this still happening? I guess not if there were only three days to go. Love the idea of getting forum opinion on the ongoing artwork, though obviously you could never please everyone.

Also chiming in with the praise for that ZFE artwork awesome composition and colour scheme . . .
Old 11th February 2012, 09:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

oops, ignore that first bit. Just spotted the other thread . . .
Old 11th February 2012, 11:09 AM
Cult Addict

Rick, I hope that's not Frank Bruno that "Iron" Mike is standing over!
Old 11th February 2012, 01:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Many thanks, Gojirosan, you've cheered me up no end! Swampy will be speeding towards you first thing tomorrow and because you've yanked me out of my funk I've bunged you in a Zombie too!
All the Best,
Rick
Wow! Thank you very much!

Like this? Share it using the links below!