Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2012, 11:58 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Is this still happening? I guess not if there were only three days to go. Love the idea of getting forum opinion on the ongoing artwork, though obviously you could never please everyone.

Also chiming in with the praise for that ZFE artwork awesome composition and colour scheme . . .
Hi Jack,
I've just gotta say I love your stuff!! Your Esta Noite Encarnare No Teu Cadaver poster just blew me away. Superb stuff. I know there's nothing worse (well, maybe getting stuck in your zip!) than two arty farty designers telling each other how marvellous they are but hell, let's do it anyway!
I've posted these last two paintings on another thread but I fancy firing up this old Melton Meltdown bit again so I'll start it off with these suckers. Tomorrow I'll attach the under painting for Plague of the Zombies and as usual I appreciate eveyone's comments, even the sh*tty ones!
Cheers,
Rick

Old 27th August 2012, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Blimey, that bottom picture is so ripe, I swear I can smell it.
Daemonia, Rik and stefanmetal like this.
Old 27th August 2012, 02:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Much better than many of your previous work! I really like the first one which would fit a DVD cover. The Ilsa painting looks a little to happy though, Dyanne Thorne is a evil whore
Old 27th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Blimey, that bottom picture is so ripe, I swear I can smell it.
I KNOW!!! This was done for a pervert punter Darrin Ventinique who also commissioned this other ripe piece of filth, Werewolf Woman.

Old 27th August 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
Hi Jack,
I've just gotta say I love your stuff!! Your Esta Noite Encarnare No Teu Cadaver poster just blew me away. Superb stuff. I know there's nothing worse (well, maybe getting stuck in your zip!) than two arty farty designers telling each other how marvellous they are but hell, let's do it anyway!
Wow thanks mate! Have you ever done any Coffin Joe pics? The freaky imagery in his films would seem a perfect match for your style! Love the hanged man in that Frankenstein pic, dramatic stuff I always struggle with cool looking lighting effects...
Old 27th August 2012, 03:37 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
Much better than many of your previous work! I really like the first one which would fit a DVD cover. The Ilsa painting looks a little to happy though, Dyanne Thorne is a evil whore
I know what you mean and if this was a DVD cover that's how I would have painted her. The chap who commissioned this is one sick XXXX to be sure but he always likes a bit of humour thrown in and let's face it, it's hard to take a wired up dildo too seriously!
Old 27th August 2012, 04:08 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Wow thanks mate! Have you ever done any Coffin Joe pics? The freaky imagery in his films would seem a perfect match for your style! Love the hanged man in that Frankenstein pic, dramatic stuff I always struggle with cool looking lighting effects...
Hi Jack, I've never seen any Coffin Joe till I came across yours but he looks worth checking out. At present I'm working on the Hammer Film images because that's where the most money is plus believe it or not, I'm sick of doing tits! As for the lighting I think oil paint lends itself more to dramatic effects because your pushing it around and slapping it on with a pallett knife. The other thing with a painting like this is that you have to sacrifice quite a bit of work to get the atmosphere you want. Initially the hanged man was painted in detail and there was a castle and mountains under Chris Lee's head. These all made it a much nicer picture but of course in horror art 'nice' sucks so they had to go!
I think your work is really well suited to book covers and interior illustrations. If you ever want referring to my publisher (sounds posh... it isn't!) let me know and I'll put a good word in. The trouble is he pays very well but not very often!
Old 27th August 2012, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
believe it or not, I'm sick of doing tits!!

On a serious note i've been really impressed by your recent Hammer artworks.

It would be nice if they could be released as a collection in a coffee table book like other artists produce.
Old 27th August 2012, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Seems the man does have a book coming out -

Stunningly Savage: Amazon.co.uk: Rick Melton: Books
Old 27th August 2012, 05:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Seems the man does have a book coming out -

Stunningly Savage: Amazon.co.uk: Rick Melton: Books
Thats quite steep though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!