Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree89Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th August 2012, 08:42 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post

On a serious note i've been really impressed by your recent Hammer artworks.

It would be nice if they could be released as a collection in a coffee table book like other artists produce.
Thanks for the nice words. I have got a book coming out next month, the attached DarkSide ad describes it best! Here's the promised rough for Plague of the Zombies. Hopefully I'll get to start the painting proper tomorrow.

Old 27th August 2012, 09:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunner View Post
I think your work is really well suited to book covers and interior illustrations. If you ever want referring to my publisher (sounds posh... it isn't!) let me know and I'll put a good word in. The trouble is he pays very well but not very often!
Wow thanks yup, that does indeed sound glamorous! Any exposure is good exposure (unless it's indecent...in a park...). Just finished a Goldfinger poster, my first proper commission, but horror is definitely where my heart is!

Loving the reaching zombies in yer latest! Really need to check out that film . . .
Old 27th August 2012, 09:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

"Clearly NOT for children anywhere!" . . .
Old 27th August 2012, 09:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
"Clearly NOT for children anywhere!" . . .
Bugger! Thats me ruled out then.
mr 420 likes this.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Your Esta Noite Encarnare No Teu Cadaver poster just blew me away.
Wow, hadn't seen this before, really good. Would look amazing on a DVD cover.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 29th August 2012, 08:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Thanks for the nice words. I have got a book coming out next month, the attached DarkSide ad describes it best! Here's the promised rough for Plague of the Zombies. Hopefully I'll get to start the painting proper tomorrow.

I'm working late tonight as my wife insists on having Celebrity Big Brother on. After re-tasting my dinner watching the 70 year old Julie Goodyear suck on a banana last night I've decided putting in a few extra hours on Plague of the Zombies is a better option. Not that it's helping because so far it's going crap! I've made a huge mistake laying down a heavy blue undercoat because it's dulling the colours and taking all the life out of the characters. You'd think I'd get away with it being they're all dead! I've no excuse for the lousy Jacqueline Pearce likeness and sexing that shroud up wasn't the best idea either. All 'round not the best start but as all my best stuff comes out of cock ups this one should be a peach! I've slung in next month's DarkSide cover for you to peruse as well just incase some of you think I've forgotten how to paint. Of course, there's a few of you out there who figure I never learned in the first place!

Old 29th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I take it its an Amicus special edition?

Its really good except for Joan Collins. She just looks wrong. Sorry.

Her face seems puffy due to excessive shadow, her forehead seems too high and she has hair like Gene Simmons.

On a positive note Meredith and Cushing look superb.
Old 29th August 2012, 10:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I take it its an Amicus special edition?

Its really good except for Joan Collins. She just looks wrong. Sorry.

Her face seems puffy due to excessive shadow, her forehead seems too high and she has hair like Gene Simmons.

On a positive note Meredith and Cushing look superb.
It's always a problem when you have to make the character and expression up. Unfortunately the only pic of her looking stressed wasn't suitable but hell, Ingrid Pitt came out good, don't you think?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th August 2012, 10:15 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's always a problem when you have to make the character and expression up. Unfortunately the only pic of her looking stressed wasn't suitable but hell, Ingrid Pitt came out good, don't you think?
Agree 100%, Ingrid looks very good.

I'm sure you could paint Ingrid with your eyes shut.
Old 29th August 2012, 10:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Damn that must be tricky not having any reference to work from! And yeah, Ingrid works a treat, her and Cushing are my faves. How did the composition come about? Did you have to include certain/all of the characters, or were you given free reign . . . ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!