Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2012, 08:16 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I really like Part 5: Inferno. It's more of a dark thriller, but it's the second best sequel after Hellbound, for me.
Agreed. Not really a Hellraiser film but just a really good atmospheric horror.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:32 PM
Cultist

More Thriller than horror, but i just watched The Glass House 2: The Good Mother, and i loved it... i think it was better than the original, which i also loved, and Eve (the mother) was superbly cast

This movie now makes my sequels list!

oh, and also, i think i might just check out the Hellraiser movies mentioned, I've only seen 1-3 and i look forward to the return of Kirsty... if i can watch all 8 of the Children Of The Corn movies, i guess i can check out these!

Thanks for the suggestions!

JL
Old 7th November 2012, 10:36 PM
Active Cultist

I suppose I could say this about a few of the sequels but I have a particular fondness for Friday 13th part 6, Jason lives.

Great pacing and some black comedy sprinkled throughout make this a fun and refreshing entry into the franchise.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 7th November 2012, 10:46 PM
Cultist

It may be a controversial choice, and while not my favorite - (i think i would have to say either 6 or 7 if i had to choose), i have a particular fondness for Friday the 13th part 5: a new beginning. i mean, apart from the fact it wasn't actually Jason, it was practically the exact same formula, i don't really understand why it's so frowned upon. setting it in a "problem-ed teen" environment was a bit different than the usual just-happen-to-be-renting-a-cabin scenario. and the deaths were as good as usual.

Of course, the Tommy in parts 4 and 6 were much more likeable than in part 5, but hey-ho, you work with what u have, just my personal opinion

JL
Old 7th November 2012, 10:49 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 View Post
if i can watch all 8 of the Children Of The Corn movies, i guess i can check out these!

JL
I thought Children of the Corn Revelation was excellent.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:03 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie_leigh44 View Post
It may be a controversial choice, and while not my favorite - (i think i would have to say either 6 or 7 if i had to choose), i have a particular fondness for Friday the 13th part 5: a new beginning. i mean, apart from the fact it wasn't actually Jason, it was practically the exact same formula, i don't really understand why it's so frowned upon. setting it in a "problem-ed teen" environment was a bit different than the usual just-happen-to-be-renting-a-cabin scenario. and the deaths were as good as usual.

Of course, the Tommy in parts 4 and 6 were much more likeable than in part 5, but hey-ho, you work with what u have, just my personal opinion

JL
Yeah I agree, new beginning is underrated. Think it's similar to the Halloween 3 situation in that they tried to do something a little different with the material but it was frowned upon at the time.

Sent from my Galaxy S 2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 8th November 2012, 12:22 PM
Cultist

Children Of The Corn: Revelation was OK, and i thought the remake was actually quite well done, Kandyse McClure was great and the movie stuck close to the source material.

Yes, many people consider Halloween 3 : Season Of The Witch to be better than the Michael Myers movies, (i personally enjoy both), but i think that fans of Friday the 13th disown A New Beginning because of the lack of Jason - Shouldn't the original be disowned too in that case?!

JL
Old 9th November 2012, 08:33 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I thought Children of the Corn Revelation was excellent.
I enjoyed 5 which was an almost unrelated but well made horror with Carradine in another top role. 666 was the most ambitious sequel but ruined by the daft ending. Reviewed 1-7 a while back, will aim to publish them by the end of the year.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-T-C Tim View Post
Reviewed 1-7 a while back, will aim to publish them by the end of the year.
They made seven Children of the Corn movies ??
Old 9th November 2012, 10:10 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
They made seven Children of the Corn movies ??
Um...seems like (at time of writing) there are NINE actually!

Children of the Corn (film series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!