Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: I LIKE.......
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
I LIKE.......

Like Tree174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th October 2012, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
It's easier to remake a movie then it is to come up with an original idea. It's just laziness on behalf of everyone involved.
True but there is some films that should never be remade and let's face it at least 75% just plain flop end of
It's only a small % that are actually any good and equal a small percent that do good irrelevant if the film is good or bad
Old 29th October 2012, 12:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And on subject of churning out the same films time and time (sequels cash ins etc) it been announced another die hard film , haven't seen last one to be honest
Old 29th October 2012, 12:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I caught the end of Death Race the other night.
(While waiting for the truly car crash like "Being Liverpool".)

As a huge fan of the original I thought it looked so lame, but by the same token, I'm sure some of the people who enjoy the remake would think the same of the original, esp with it's hand drawn opening titles.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
As a huge fan of the original I thought it looked so lame, but by the same token, I'm sure some of the people who enjoy the remake would think the same of the original, esp with it's hand drawn opening titles.
That's an interesting point regarding remakes - the idea that these films are made using existing ideas but for a new audience who wouldn't appreciate the original. I wonder if that's really the case.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That's an interesting point regarding remakes - the idea that these films are made using existing ideas but for a new audience who wouldn't appreciate the original. I wonder if that's really the case.
Well it's a win-win situation for the studios much of the time, as many of the same fans who moan when a remake is announced, still go and see the remake anyway.
Old 29th October 2012, 01:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Well it's a win-win situation for the studios much of the time, as many of the same fans who moan when a remake is announced, still go and see the remake anyway.

Well wouldn't quite agree to that, but the odd 1 i watch, most remakes I tend to avoid watching, but most of the ones I do is because the ppl on here have gave it a good review so I then give it benefit of the doubt, but there is shed loads of remakes I havent seen and won't what so ever watch even if they did have good reviews,
Nightmare on elm is a eg if one remake I would never watch,
Don't think I've ever seen any j horror remake and never intend to either
Not seen Halloween, wicker man fri 13th omen amityville horror ust a few on this thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Here's one that will certainly piss off most members on here, a sequel to the NOES remake, based on elements from Freddy's Revenge and Dream Warriors and shot in everyone's favourite 3D! I loved the remake so I for one am looking forward to this, sue me

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 (2013) - Horror Film Wiki
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd November 2012, 03:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Here's one that will certainly piss off most members on here, a sequel to the NOES remake, based on elements from Freddy's Revenge and Dream Warriors and shot in everyone's favourite 3D! I loved the remake so I for one am looking forward to this, sue me

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2 (2013) - Horror Film Wiki
Oh PISS OFF! 3D? Zzzzzzzzzz
Rik likes this.
Old 3rd November 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Just been doing some digging and it would appear that this is false information anyway, I can't seem to find any other stories on it aside from the one I posted, but New Line could be working on a new F13 film according to rumours
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd November 2012, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

How about remaking Dream Warriors as a found footage with psychiatrists setting up cameras in each of the patients rooms to monitor their sleeping patterns I bet the kids would lap it up - Paranormal Activity scares with added set piece gore scenes . . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!