Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 2nd October 2017 06:42 PM

...and in a Cinema don't forget :D

Anyway... other contenders for tonight are Death Line and Mother of Tears. I've not seen the latter for years and I've never seen the former.

bleakshaun 2nd October 2017 07:08 PM

Things came up last night so never watched Cannibal Ferox, will watch it another point (29 days left of October anyway)
Just started The Last Broadcast

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

trebor8273 2nd October 2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552715)
...and in a Cinema don't forget :D

Anyway... other contenders for tonight are Death Line and Mother of Tears. I've not seen the latter for years and I've never seen the former.

Death line absolutely brilliant 70s British horror!

bleakshaun 2nd October 2017 08:41 PM

The Last Broadcast
The film plays out (for the most part) as a documentary investigating the death of a group of webshow creators. One man, an alleged psychic, was the only survivor and was held accountable, tried and found guilty. The filmmaker looks into this to discover if he's guilty or innocent.
Now ultimately I would recommend this horror film as it did predate Blair Witch Project, but at the same time I will warn the ending kinda f**ks the film over.I see what they were doing; however it takes away the immersion.
7/10

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 552744)
Death line absolutely brilliant 70s British horror!

Is that it?

No mini review or punctuation? :skull:

trebor8273 2nd October 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 552787)
Is that it?

No mini review or punctuation? :skull:

Mind the doors!!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2017 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 552788)
Mind the doors!!!

I'm in the North West. The train would be late. :skull:

Nordicdusk 2nd October 2017 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No.3

Attachment 197194

A strange mysterious wax museum shows up in town out of the blue. Two friends are passing when the owner appears out of nowhere to invite them and their friends to a private midnight show. Cautiously they all agree to go check it but before the even get inside the door the three couples become two when one bottles it and runs. Once inside they are greeted by a freaky looking butler and an angry midget. Once they get inside the exhibit things get even stranger when they individually approach an exhibit they are transported inside the scene on show and have to live through it.

Not a bad films it's a bit of fun with some great gore effects that i loved. The other plus point was the variety of old school monsters Vampires Werewolf and Zombies etc. Overall it's a bit of fun and an improvement on the first two films so far this month.

5/10

Make Them Die Slowly 2nd October 2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 552794)
No.3

Attachment 197194

A strange mysterious wax museum shows up in town out of the blue. Two friends are passing when the owner appears out of nowhere to invite them and their friends to a private midnight show. Cautiously they all agree to go check it but before the even get inside the door the three couples become two when one bottles it and runs. Once inside they are greeted by a freaky looking butler and an angry midget. Once they get inside the exhibit things get even stranger when they individually approach an exhibit they are transported inside the scene on show and have to live through it.

Not a bad films it's a bit of fun with some great gore effects that i loved. The other plus point was the variety of old school monsters Vampires Werewolf and Zombies etc. Overall it's a bit of fun and an improvement on the first two films so far this month.

5/10

I watched this about a year ago and it was much better than I remembered though to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of American horror from the 80s outside of slashers and the oddities found in some of the regional stuff that was coming out at this time.

nosferatu42 2nd October 2017 10:57 PM

I really like Waxwork, probably 8/10 for me.
I just think it's stupidly entertaining.:ghostclap: