Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Rik 11th October 2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 554022)
Two classics tonight.

Nightmare on Elm Street

The Exorcist

The local old school cinema I mentioned a couple of weeks back are showing both of these for Halloween in a double bill on October 27th, gutted because I’m playing a wedding that night with the band so I can’t go :(

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 554027)
The local old school cinema I mentioned a couple of weeks back are showing both of these for Halloween in a double bill on October 27th, gutted because I’m playing a wedding that night with the band so I can’t go :(

Sheesh! Some rock star you are!

What would Axl do? Make the wedding lot wait whilst you watch The Exorcist!

trebor8273 11th October 2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Would be nice to see them on the big screen, but then part me thinks it's better atmosphere wrapped up in be at home as you don't get the usual idiots who laugh or scream (at wrong parts) when I see horrors at cinema

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 554029)
Would be nice to see them on the big screen, but then part me thinks it's better atmosphere wrapped up in be at home as you don't get the usual idiots who laugh or scream (at wrong parts) when I see horrors at cinema

Good point. :nod:

Rik 11th October 2017 07:51 PM

I’ve seen the Exorcist at the cinema a few times (once when it was first rereleased, then a few times when I was an electrician working on the Virgin Cinema in Bolton on my extended lunch breaks), never seen NOES at the cinema though.
The wedding is only about 5 minutes away from the cinema, so if I slip our drummer a few quid I could get him to do a Moby Dick style extended drum solo while I piss off to go watch them :lol:

nosferatu42 11th October 2017 07:54 PM

:megachainsaw:
Quote:

Just shred the guitar strings in honour of 'nightmare' and spew up a load of green pea soup on the crowd at the climax.
Job sorted.:skull:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th October 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 554031)
I’ve seen the Exorcist at the cinema a few times (once when it was first rereleased, then a few times when I was an electrician working on the Virgin Cinema in Bolton on my extended lunch breaks), never seen NOES at the cinema though.
The wedding is only about 5 minutes away from the cinema, so if I slip our drummer a few quid I could get him to do a Moby Dick style extended drum solo while I piss off to go watch them :lol:

Start soloing yourself. The audience will soon drift away demanding the DJ and you'll be able to watch the films. :skull:

Rik 11th October 2017 08:09 PM

The Bride is a right snotty cow too, they booked us after being at one of our gigs and now she’s demanding our drummer doesn’t sing any songs because that’s the frontmans job apparently, definitely a gig we’re doing for the money instead of love :nod:

Anyway :focus:

SilverSurfer 11th October 2017 08:20 PM

Quote:

The local old school cinema I mentioned a couple of weeks back are showing both of these for Halloween in a double bill on October 27th

Cinemas should do this all the time and NOT just for Halloween.

Bring back the Double Bill showings to all cinemas.

bleakshaun 11th October 2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 554038)
The Bride is a right snotty cow too, they booked us after being at one of our gigs and now she’s demanding our drummer doesn’t sing any songs because that’s the frontmans job apparently, definitely a gig we’re doing for the money instead of love :nod:

Anyway :focus:

Well, I would not complain too much, I mean it is her day after all you know, so she probably doesn't need the stress. If she annoys you, then I would bump up the pressure. But I'm an evil c**t most of the time so, meh

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk