Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Justin101 1st October 2018 09:29 PM

I decided to watch Hands of the Ripper, I wasn't expecting it to be so violent :lol: Good start to the month.

Demoncrat 1st October 2018 09:29 PM

Likes!!

DON is an eerie film b. They built 'em to last back then ;)

Isn't Argento in Sleepwalkers as well??

;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 589464)
... and here's the film I gave a chance to....

Maletesta's Carnival Of Blood (1973)
Woooh mama!!! This one's going into my top 100. Which has about 10000 films in it by now :laugh:
The ST shrieks and woops whilst the visuals burn the retina like no other film I have seen ... from the year anyhow :lol:. It's been a while since I was stumped whilst watching something :lol:
To merely describe this film would cheapen us all. Soar like an eagle or plummet like a turkey? This film does both.:nod:

A camp lunatic runs a carnival that is part asylum, part deathcamp. Cough. Regional US horror films from 70-76 are one of my many passions. This is a real find. Others may just see a load of amateurish twaddle. But they are probably frightened by Faces Of Death :rolleyes:
Next!

I noticed this was in Fopp on dvd this October for £3 so thought i'd get it when i go in a couple of weeks time. I hope to God it's better than that other film from Arrow's American horror collection, The Premonition, which bored me to death.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 589470)
I decided to watch Hands of the Ripper, I wasn't expecting it to be so violent :lol: Good start to the month.

Although i already have the film on dvd i thought i'd buy the one in the Network sale as well to listen to the Angharad Rees commentary along with Newman and Jones.

Wonder if she'll get a word in?

Demoncrat 1st October 2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Aye, the claret overfloweth with this one. Underrated film!! Liked!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2018 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 589460)
Last night (slightly early) viewings

The Fog. John Carpenter's masterpiece. An eerie atmospheric corker that simply gets better with each and every viewing.

Have you ordered the new blu, J?

It's supposedly an upgrade on all other releases so i went for the dvd release to watch now and intend to get the 4K/BLU collectors edition if it drops in price a bit. £30 is a bit much for a poster and booklet at the moment.

Justin101 1st October 2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 589473)
Although i already have the film on dvd i thought i'd buy the one in the Network sale as well to listen to the Angharad Rees commentary along with Newman and Jones.

Wonder if she'll get a word in?

Those blokes love talking :lol: I'm sure they are happy to talk to Angharad though and get stories, although maybe Alan Jones just tells her what happened on the set :lol:

Demoncrat 1st October 2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 589472)
I noticed this was in Fopp on dvd this October for £3 so thought i'd get it when i go in a couple of weeks time. I hope to God it's better than that other film from Arrow's American horror collection, The Premonition, which bored me to death.

:laugh:
One thing this isn't is boring. Imagery assaults the eye. And nae in that nice Amer way either :pound:
Though it's 50/50 regardless with my recommendations :lol:;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 589477)
Those blokes love talking :lol: I'm sure they are happy to talk to Angharad though and get stories, although maybe Alan Jones just tells her what happened on the set :lol:

It's Stephen. Not Alan.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st October 2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

I first saw a pic of this murder in the long dead Monster Mag and it scared the crap out of me. Even though i bought the mag it revolted me to look at it as a child. It is really effective even now.

The pic in the mag was even seedier and bloodier than this above.