Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 464572)
I want to be weak again and go for Curse of the Crimson Altar (1968) simply because I really like it. Which could then lead to The Blood Beast Terror (1968).

I'd planned on this tonight. I thought about watching it last week but never did.

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464573)
They definitely start to fall away after part 4. 5 is nothing special and The Curse of MM is woeful, but oddly i quite like it. I think it confuses me as much as it confuses itself. :lol:

I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Producer's Cut. Especially the infamous runestone scene. I was crying with laughter when a friend described it to me.

:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464576)
I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Producer's Cut. Especially the infamous runestone scene. I was crying with laughter when a friend described it to me.

:pop2:

I haven't seen it so can't comment.

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464577)
I haven't seen it so can't comment.

What do you think is the worst of the Halloweens? I'm going with Resurrection. That film left me seething with rage.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464578)
What do you think is the worst of the Halloweens? I'm going with Resurrection. That film left me seething with rage.

Yes Resurrection certainly. Here's how i'd rank them. There's quite a gap in quality after part 4. No point mentioning 3 as it's a stand alone film and nothing to do with the others.

Halloween
Halloween II
Halloween H20
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween 6
Halloween Resurrection

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464581)
Yes Resurrection certainly. Here's how i'd rank them. There's quite a gap in quality after part 4. No point mentioning 3 as it's a stand alone film and nothing to do with the others.

Halloween
Halloween II
Halloween H20
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween 6
Halloween Resurrection

I'm guessing that I will have the same opinion as soon as I'm through them.

I forgot to mention one more great moment in H4 - Michael sitting in the chair as Kathleen Kinmont is bring the coffee. That was a nice twist.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464582)
I'm guessing that I will have the same opinion as soon as I'm through them.

I forgot to mention one more great moment in H4 - Michael sitting in the chair as Kathleen Kinmont is bring the coffee. That was a nice twist.

Ellie Cornell makes for a likable lead in my opinion.

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464583)
Ellie Cornell makes for a likable lead in my opinion.

She is. Plus, her character is rather strong too. The way she moves into the Ellen Ripley role is rather convincing.

Hmm... you are forcing me to revisit my opinion on Halloween 4. :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464585)
She is. Plus, her character is rather strong too. The way she moves into the Ellen Ripley role is rather convincing.

Hmm... you are forcing me to revisit my opinion on Halloween 4. :lol:

Haha! I am? It was you who gave the long list of plus points when you reviewed it. :lol:

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464586)
Haha! I am? It was you who gave the long list of plus points when you reviewed it. :lol:

Yes, but the list is getting longer. I think the pros are outweighing the cons now.

So, cheers. :tea: