Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464587)
Yes, but the list is getting longer. I think the pros are outweighing the cons now.

So, cheers. :tea:

I can't really think of many cons with this one. I can't say the same for part 5 unfortunately.

MacBlayne 13th October 2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464588)
I can't really think of many cons with this one. I can't say the same for part 5 unfortunately.

I remember part 5 being more stylish so that could be a plus.

On the other hand, however, it is from the director of Omen 4. I watched the Omen boxset a while back and good Lord, is Omen 4 shit.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464589)

On the other hand, however, it is from the director of Omen 4. I watched the Omen boxset a while back and good Lord, is Omen 4 shit.

Totally agree. If it wasn't part of the box set there's no way i'd own it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th October 2015 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 464590)
Totally agree. If it wasn't part of the box set there's no way i'd own it.

Which is why I don't!

I still own the original trilogy box set that folds oout into a 'cross' shape.

Graeme73 14th October 2015 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464589)

Plus it's nothing to do with the book, which is the original story and far, far superior i.e. Armageddon 2000

MacBlayne 14th October 2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graeme73 (Post 464604)
Plus it's nothing to do with the book, which is the original story and far, far superior i.e. Armageddon 2000

There's a book?

I saw Armageddon 2000 a while back on the Horror Channel a while back. Barrels of fun. But for Omen knock-offs, I'm going with The Visitor. It's weird and all over the place but the sumptuous visuals give off a nice dream vibe. Plus, Sam Peckinpah plays a doctor. :laugh:

Justin101 14th October 2015 08:38 AM

Friday the 13th for me last night, hot on the tails of The Final Girls. Hmm, this film seems to get worse with every viewing, the pacing is ok as we got to the end without being bored, but there is no development, the characters are boring and the kills are very brief so you can't even tell if the effects are good or not...

About 70 mins in and only Alice is left, my flatmate who's not seen it before said to me, "I don't care about these people, they're just here to get killed" and he has a point :lol:

I don't think he's keen to explore the rest of the franchise, which in my opinion is better than the first film with the exception of F13 pt 2 which I find boring, I enjoy the campiness of Jason from 3 to 8 though.

MacBlayne 14th October 2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 464610)
Friday the 13th for me last night, hot on the tails of The Final Girls. Hmm, this film seems to get worse with every viewing, the pacing is ok as we got to the end without being bored, but there is no development, the characters are boring and the kills are very brief so you can't even tell if the effects are good or not...

About 70 mins in and only Alice is left, my flatmate who's not seen it before said to me, "I don't care about these people, they're just here to get killed" and he has a point :lol:

I don't think he's keen to explore the rest of the franchise, which in my opinion is better than the first film with the exception of F13 pt 2 which I find boring, I enjoy the campiness of Jason from 3 to 8 though.

I actually think Part 2 is a much better film than it's given credit for. Steve Miner is a far more talented filmmaker than Sean Cunningham. The film also takes time to develop the characters (yes, they're just fun-loving teenagers but they're likeable fun-loving teenagers). And I find some bits to be quite creepy (the bit when they're in the dark room [which I know is lifted from A Bay of Blood] is shiver-inducing).

Plus, there is an amazing shot where Ginny is hiding in the cabin and Jason is approaching. Using two windows, and a door, the filmmakers give Jason an almost telepathic ability. It's a genius composition.

Graeme73 14th October 2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464607)
There's a book?

Yep: Omen IV: Armageddon 2000 - The Omen Wiki - Wikia

Vampix 14th October 2015 02:13 PM

Going to watch the Studio Canal Blu-ray release of Carpenter's They Live tonight.