Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

MrBarlow 30th October 2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 639032)
I used to enjoy Poltergeist in my younger days and a couple of years ago I was telling my flatmate how good it was and we decided to watch it, bear in mind that it was probably around 4pm on a Saturday afternoon and we both fell asleep on the couch about an hour into it :lol: I've not gone back to it since...

I was actually half expecting Angie to fall asleep during this and Lair of the white worm as she got in her comfy position but she said the viewing today is better than what I have put her through the month :lol:

Justin101 30th October 2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 639035)
I was actually half expecting Angie to fall asleep during this and Lair of the white worm as she got in her comfy position but she said the viewing today is better than what I have put her through the month :lol:

I doubt anyone could sleep through Lair... that song is still haunting me today :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th October 2020 10:43 PM

October 29th

2 Attachment(s)
Dracula Prince of Darkness (1966)

Probably the first Hammer film i ever owned on vhs and all these years later it remains a tremendous slice of Gothic horror.

Full review here. https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/mem...tml#post639040

House of 1000 Corpses (2003)

Awesome!

I watch House of 1000 Corpses last night and today Rob Zombie announces a new album.

Happy f*cking Halloween, Demdike!

MrBarlow 30th October 2020 11:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween. 1978.

15 years after killing his sister, Michael Myers escapes from the psychiatric hospital, his doctor Sam Loomis goes to follow him to his home town of Haddonfield.

Definitely a classic film and classic performance from Jamie Lee Curtis as the babysitter turned survivalist and Donald Pleasance as Sam Loomis, who manages to create fear with his acting and his description of Myers he was treating for the years of being locked up. I'm sure we all have fond memories of seeing this for the first time and being on the edge of your seat.

Attachment 229037

MacBlayne 31st October 2020 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Halloween from Japan!

MrBarlow 31st October 2020 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Halloween II. 1981.

Sheriff Brackett and Dr. Loomis continue the hunt for Michael Myers while Laurie is taken to hospital where the nightmare continues.

This is the first time I have seen this one in a long time and I couldn't remember much about it but it is definitely a good solid sequel to the original that the plot adds a bit more suspense, mixed with even better acting, you got Donald Pleasance shouting he shot him six times, he is not human. Jamie Lee Curtis thinking she has survived the onslought and only to go through it all again with great direction and brilliant cinematography.

Attachment 229039

Justin101 31st October 2020 08:23 AM

Sorry Dr Loomis, I didn't catch that, how many times did you shoot him??

:lol:

MrBarlow 31st October 2020 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Night of the demons. 1988.

A group of teens decide to have a party in a reportedly haunted house, after playing a game of past life seance with a mirror they wake up the spirits and become possessed while some try to survive the night.

Cheesy as f@ck 80s flick from Kevin Tenney but still enjoyable, the acting may not be great but the effects and make-up department take care with the gore, even doing the lip stick in the nipple disappearing act and Mimi Kinkade seducing dance is always good to watch. Even with the budget Tenney was working with there may be one or two noticeable goofs and probably noticeable wires, sit back and enjoy.

Attachment 229044

Nordicdusk 31st October 2020 10:15 AM

Happy Halloween everyone ....

Just compiling my halloween marathon list gonna make a pit stop at the supermarket buy junk food and we are off.

Hope everyone has a fun day

:jason:

MrBarlow 31st October 2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 639070)
Happy Halloween everyone ....

Just compiling my halloween marathon list gonna make a pit stop at the supermarket buy junk food and we ate off.

Hope everyone has a fun day

:jason:

Have a great day too Nordi and everyone on here :vamp: