All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2020, 10:47 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Satan’s Little Helper (2004)

Kicking Halloween off with not so much a bang as a pop

This is an odd one, it's cool idea but executed in a barely competent style. The acting borders on terrible too. It is fun to watch though as long as you ignore the weird plot points that don't make any sense, like why is the whole island rioting??

It does come across as an extended Buffy episode at points, especially in the final third at the costume party, it's still entirely watchable, it's just not very good, so lower your expectations, grab some Halloween candy and give it a try!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st October 2020, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran

I've actually never carved a pumpkin in my life, I don't know why, but there you have it... First attempt

Old 31st October 2020, 12:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

I've actually never carved a pumpkin in my life, I don't know why, but there you have it... First attempt
It's really good, Justin. I expect you'll be hooked now.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran

They were only 60p in M&S so I thought I'd give it a go. Going to get a large one next year with some smaller ones as minions I think
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 31st October 2020, 12:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
They were only 60p in M&S so I thought I'd give it a go. Going to get a large one next year with some smaller ones as minions I think
Haha. I bought mine last weekend but the weather has been so shit i never bothered carving it until last night as it would have probably turned to mush.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:57 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Final Day

Skinner-508816229-large.jpg

Dennis Skinner a man who leads a double life my day he is awkward and shy but by night he prowls the streets picking up prostitutes and removing their skin. Dennis rents a room in a couples house so he has a new hunting ground away from his past. But escaping the past is not easy when you have such colourful one. Heidi is one of Skinners victims that managed to survive his attack and she is hot on his tail wanting her revenge after he left her horrifically mutilated.

This takes awhile to get going with just suggestions of what he is doing to his victims not that they show much really only him wearing peoples skin not actually killing anyone or peeling anyone but we do see him skin a frozen chicken. The scene where he is wearing the black guys skin was hilarious not sure you would get away with that these days

Not one i would watch again Traci Lords is terrible in it you can barely hear her dialogue the way she delivers it and the bloody ending was horrendous another film with a slow build up to a final show down thats over in the blink of an eye very disappointing. Good idea bad execution.

4/10

Thanks for all the likes over the 30 days i had much more fun this year than the last couple of unseen October's way more good than bad this time and i discovered some gems ill return to again.

Cheers everyone.
Old 31st October 2020, 12:59 PM
Cult Master

20201031_132640.jpg

Here's today's films its going to be The Invisible Man from the Universal boxset.
Old 31st October 2020, 01:26 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Final Day

Thanks for all the likes over the 30 days i had much more fun this year than the last couple of unseen October's way more good than bad this time and i discovered some gems ill return to again.

Cheers everyone.
I've really enjoyed mine too, I didn't intend to do an unseen marathon but that's what it turned into and I'm continuing that into the final day. I have Night of the Demons planned for tonight, and undecided on something for this afternoon, but it might not be 'Halloween' themed, just a regular horror film.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 31st October 2020, 01:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I've really enjoyed mine too, I didn't intend to do an unseen marathon but that's what it turned into and I'm continuing that into the final day. I have Night of the Demons planned for tonight, and undecided on something for this afternoon, but it might not be 'Halloween' themed, just a regular horror film.
I never go for total Halloween theme on the day just a few of my favourites.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 31st October 2020, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 229059

Here's today's films its going to be The Invisible Man from the Universal boxset.
13 films in one day. I don't know how you'll manage it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!