All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st October 2020, 01:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
13 films in one day. I don't know how you'll manage it.
Plenty of coffee and a very late night

Might not get them all in but ill do my best to get in as many as i can.
Old 31st October 2020, 01:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post

Plenty of coffee and a very late night

Might not get them all in but ill do my best to get in as many as i can.
This stuff works wonders

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61ve0tciZyL._AC_SX679_.jpg (47.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 31st October 2020, 02:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Midnight Hour. 1985.

A group of high school teens in Pitchford Cove accidentally release the dead on halloween.

I first saw this last year and never really took it on well but re-watched it again not long afterwards and second viewing was better than the first, it is more comedy than horror even though a zombie scores with another zombie (not like Braindead), there is a decent cast from LeVar Burton, Dick Van Patten, Kevin McCarthy, Kurtwood Smith, DeeDee Pfeiffer Lee Montgomery and Jonna Lee.

Even though this was made for television, sometimes they can be a hit and miss but this was worth a second watch, the make up for the dead was decently done and not quite believable and not much gore, at least we get to see the 80s costumes and music by Brad Fiedel and voice over by Wolfman Jack.

The Midnight hour.jpg
Old 31st October 2020, 02:30 PM
Cult Master

Film 1

1200px-The_Invisible_Man_(1933_poster_-_Style_B).jpg

Always a fun film Claude Rains is outstanding as the Invisible Man his rage and madness is brilliant. Una O Connor is a hard watch or should i say a hard listen screaming her face off most of the time for nothing. The effects although a little ropey at times still are amazing considering it was 1933. Classic
Old 31st October 2020, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran

Hellraiser: Hellseeker (2002)

Well I thought this was quite good. I've heard terrible things about the Hellraiser sequels and it's prevented from watching them all so far. But this is better than 3 and 5 and probably about on par with 4.

When it started it goes straight to the title screens and Ashley Lawrence pops up second on the bill which got me very interested right away, then 2 minutes later she was dead and spends the rest of her screen time in grainy flashbacks, oh well, it was still a good way to tie this in with the original 2 films having Kirsty in it.

Dean Winters as Trevor is our lead, he wakes up in the hospital after suffering a blinding headache and apparently not remembering that his wife Kirsty died in a car crash last month while he was at the wheel. His headaches get worse and he starts to detach from reality while he has them. These episodes are handled well I thought, they are suitably confusing for both Trevor and the viewer, the unreliable narrator trope is exploited to the full here. Can we believe Trevor's version of reality or is there more to it?

There are Cenobites too, decent looking ones as well, also good special effects, I have to admit, the ubiquitous chains, hooks and flesh combo is particularly wince inducing this time around, the flesh looking a lot less rubbery and the blood looking much more real!

Not the worst film I've seen this October by a long shot! Hellworld is the remaining sequel I have on the 4 film bluray I have, I don't have high hopes for that one at all! I might save it for next year!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st October 2020, 04:25 PM
Cult Master

Film 2

notld.jpg

I love this film so much that opening scene in the graveyard is so atmospheric and creepy never fails to get me excited for the rest of the film. The whole film is very claustrophobic and just like The Crazies its definitely very powerful today during the lockdown it feels like I'm trapped inside my house. A true sign of a classic that it can resonate all these years later. The soundtrack is so sinister works perfect with whats on the screen. The Criterion Blu Ray is a must it looks beautiful.
Old 31st October 2020, 04:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Exorcist. 1973. (2000 extended version)

When 12 year old Regan MacNeill becomes possessed by a demon her mum seeks out help from two priests to save her daughter's soul and life.

Thank you William Peter Blatty for the book that rocked our imagination and thank you to William Friedkin for making us shit ourselves, with great acting, special effects and make-up still makes this film scary 47 years on. Even though some scenes were trimmed down a bit and more added with blink and miss it moments, I still cringe with carotid angiography operation scene.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg the exorcist.jpg (24.0 KB, 30 views)
Old 31st October 2020, 06:10 PM
Cult Master

Film 3

9976d5caeb6080fefa2d80ed3b6c2bca.jpg

From the first time i saw this it instantly became one of my favourite films and everytime i watch it since it gets better. It has it all a great story beautiful locations tons of great cars gore and an excellent soundtrack and that ended just brilliant.
Old 31st October 2020, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kiss Of The Vampire. 1963.

A honeymoon couple's car breaks down in a European town, a aristocratic family helps them out but with sinister motives.

This actually surprised me on how good it was, like most we are Hammer Horror fans but this one has slipped past me as it seemed to copy the plot from the Dracula movies even though it does have the same background score. There is no jump scares just good old plain acting that makes it suspenseful with the old gothic manor and masquerade ball. Right from the first five minutes I knew straight away that this was going to be good with a sinister man attending a funeral and proving to people that the dead isn't dead to even a priest running away. Recommended.

kiss.jpeg
Old 31st October 2020, 07:58 PM
Cult Master

Film 4

MV5BYjVmY2FkMjUtMWZkNS00OGMzLWE4MGYtOWRhY2RlNTZhZjBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR69.jpg

A beautiful film considering the subject matter i mean the desert setting the soundtrack makes you feel alone and lost just like Jim making it one of the most haunting films i have ever seen. The music during the final scene and credits gives me goosebumps everytime.

German blu ray c9540550367c17e6140f593aa8d5ac0c.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!