Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2020, 07:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Zombie Flesh Eaters 3. (aka After Death). 1989.

On a small island a woman goes back after her parents were killed and a voodoo priest has raised the dead.

This may not be the best entry in to the Flesh eaters trilogy but was fun to watch, the power of voodoo has given these zombies the ability to be a bit quiet except when they are getting shot and the ability to jump very high and almost not brainless at all. The plot may seem weak but isn't and we are giving some flashback sequences and some bad dubbing but that makes up with the good gore splatter and decent make-up effects. Go with this one in a open mind.

Zombie-Flesh-Eaters-3-1989.jpg
Old 8th October 2020, 08:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Cthulhu, I love that flick. That song
The insane "plot". That opening. REWATCH!!!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th October 2020, 08:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

So weird things are afoot

Zombie 4: After Death (1989)

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!
  • Jeff Stryker can't act.
  • Why are the zombies spewing washing up liquid?
  • How come the zombies can run after you, but not towards you when you're shooting them in the head.
  • So she only just realises that her parents were scientists who died on the island after almost everyone is killed.
  • Jeff Stryker's reaction to that news is the best bit in the film!
  • Then it just kind of ends!

However, some of the worst acting/dubbing I've seen in a long time, this is actually a fun film, ultra gory and has some very atmospheric photography (when it's in focus at least).

It's amazing what you can do with £200, a bottle of Fairy Liquid and some cold porridge.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th October 2020, 09:05 PM
Cult Master

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 8

71RXhhKn50L._RI_.jpg

A family on the verge of bankruptcy think there fortunes have changed when then inherit an old abandoned mansion. Excited and all set to move in when they arrive a gang of street punks have taken over the place and they are not best pleased when the cops show up to get them out of there. The will not take this insult lightly and they go about harassing the the teenage kids in the family. When the parents have to leave town to attend the court hearing about their finances the kids are left home alone to defend the themselves and their home from the punks but they get a helping hand from the most unlikely of sources the ghost the crazy actor that lived in the house many years ago.

Started off kind of promising but seen the breaks failed and it just couldn't stop rolling down hill. It just got so bloody boring with nothing remotely interesting going on no atmosphere no real sense of direction just going through the motions plenty of scenes going on much too long. It felt like it didnt know what it wanted to be it's like the so called haunting and horror aspect of the film was an afterthought and just really shoehorned in at the end.

3/10
Old 8th October 2020, 09:08 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!
  • How come the zombies can run after you, but not towards you when you're shooting them in the head.
  • So she only just realises that her parents were scientists who died on the island after almost everyone is killed.

However, some of the worst acting/dubbing I've seen in a long time, this is actually a fun film, ultra gory and has some very atmospheric photography (when it's in focus at least).

It's amazing what you can do with £200, a bottle of Fairy Liquid and some cold porridge.
I must pick this up sounds great
Justin101, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 8th October 2020, 09:26 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Cthulhu, I love that flick. That song
The insane "plot". That opening. REWATCH!!!!
You were too fast, I was going to mention the song!! , just for that opening is worth watching the movie.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 8th October 2020, 09:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Zombie Creeping Flesh. 1980.

After a experiment goes wrong and a toxic gas is released in New Guinea, a journalist and her camera man team up with a four man SWAT team to investigate the outbreak.

Few things to look out for, 1. score from Dawn of the dead, check. 2. Plot kinda like dawn of the dead, check. 3. Part of the score from Alien contamination, check. 3. Near naked woman running through the forest, CHECK. Violence, gore and a bit of comedy blended in to this piece of American/Italian horror film. Ok the acting may not be great and dubbing is all over the place but still entertaining and enjoyable to the point where Angie was enjoying it, think I have converted her to the good gore fest movies we love hallelujah.

81YIxCF2YbL._RI_.jpg
Old 8th October 2020, 09:49 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I must pick this up sounds great
There are a couple of great interviews on the 88 Films disc as well

Old 8th October 2020, 09:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Zombie Creeping Flesh. 1980.

After a experiment goes wrong and a toxic gas is released in New Guinea, a journalist and her camera man team up with a four man SWAT team to investigate the outbreak.

Few things to look out for, 1. score from Dawn of the dead, check. 2. Plot kinda like dawn of the dead, check. 3. Part of the score from Alien contamination, check. 3. Near naked woman running through the forest, CHECK. Violence, gore and a bit of comedy blended in to this piece of American/Italian horror film. Ok the acting may not be great and dubbing is all over the place but still entertaining and enjoyable to the point where Angie was enjoying it, think I have converted her to the good gore fest movies we love hallelujah.

Attachment 228311
Another one I've not seen, was considering picking this up, it's in HMV's 2 for £15 Halloween deal at the moment.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Old 8th October 2020, 09:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

Erm... So a few things.
  • That song!

Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!