Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2015, 05:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Whilst watching Trick r' Treat again last night the same thing hit me as it always does.

When Dylan Baker attempts to bury the boys body and keeps being distracted by Brian Cox, the boy is clearly alive and trying to cry out. Once he's killed him and finished with the grave he goes into the house empty handed meets his son and they go into the basement and begin carving the kids head.

This sequence is just wrong. At what stage did he lop the kids head off? It wasn't when he was in the grave as we see him begin to fill up the hole with soil.

In the context of the film which beautifully slots together each strand it stands out a mile that this is one major error.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 30th October 2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 30th October 2015, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Next viewing and I'll try to finish this time

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446236147.513478.jpg
Old 30th October 2015, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just four more films to go this year.

Halloween
Halloween II
All Hallows Eve
Murder Party.
Old 31st October 2015, 09:09 AM
Cult Veteran

I ended up watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 last night, I bought the Arrow blu when it first came out, worrying that if I didn't grab it quick I'd miss out and it's still available

Never seen it before, and it's not even in the same league as the original so it's pointless comparing the two! I thought it was a fun flick, so 80's it hurt though. A hard rock radio station, frat boys, car phones and buckets of blood! It managed to be savage and slapstick at the same time which is an accomplishment I think although the last 20 minutes was just a rehash of the first film but not done in a fun way like Evil Dead 2 so ended up just being unoriginal.

Not great but not terrible either!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 31st October 2015, 10:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

First viewing of the day -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frightnight.jpg (95.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 31st October 2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Pic too large.
Old 31st October 2015, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default The League of Gentlemen - Series 1

Didn't get time to watch a film last night but started LOG series one and carried on this morning, probably as grotesque as any horror tv show made recently and still as funny.

The League of Gentlemen.jpg

Old 31st October 2015, 11:59 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Yesterday I watched Horns, which was a Love Film rental and something I hadn't seen before. I honestly thought it would be nothing more than a mediocre teen targeted effort (what with Radcliffe being the lead), but it actually really surprised me. Some dodgy CGI aside I ended up thoroughly enjoying it and would definitely seek it out again.

Then I watched the terrible but entertaining '80s cheese-fest that is Blood Beach.

Finally, I watched something a little unconventional (in terms of horror anyway) last night that took my over into the early hours of this morning and a film that has been a firm favourite of mine since I fist watched it 20 years ago: The Crow. Whilst not 'horror' as such, it certainly imbibes the Halloween vibe.

Today will hopefully consist of viewings of the phenomenal anthology that is Trick 'r Treat as well as Carpenter's Halloween and hopefully its follow-up Halloween II - after a home-cooked Chinese banquet, and amongst candle light and copious amounts of mulled wine.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Old 31st October 2015, 12:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Fright Night is over (what a wonderful, joyful film). I'm moving onto RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst: Halloween Special.
Old 31st October 2015, 12:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I managed to cram an additional film in last night. The 1931 classic Frankenstein.

Many people prefer it's sequel but for me this is the definitive Universal monster movie and the film that arguably spawned the horror genre full stop.

Old 31st October 2015, 12:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

So tonight will be Halloween, Halloween II and Murder Party to kick off with.

Like this? Share it using the links below!