Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2017, 03:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Am I right in thinking that was the first time you’d watched the BBC Dracula Dem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th October 2017, 03:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Am I right in thinking that was the first time you’d watched the BBC Dracula Dem?

Yes. Last night was the first time.
Rik likes this.
Old 8th October 2017, 03:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yes. Last night was the first time.

Glad it didn’t let you down then, think I might give it a watch tonight, it’s been awhile

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th October 2017, 04:13 PM
Cult Veteran

#8 Hausu (1977)

A rewatch of this Japanese psychedelic 70s horror film for my flatmate who'd never seen it before. He asked me to put something from the 60s or 70s on that was aesthetically pleasing. I've already made him a fan of Bava and Argento and thought i'd take him down a path he definitely hasn't been down

It's safe to say he loved it and I'm really happy that this freaky film has a new fan

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th October 2017, 05:01 PM
Cult Master

it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg

A highly contagious virus is rampant throughout the countryside but Paul along with his wife and kid have secured their house and follow a strict regime to ensure that they stay healthy and safe from the horrors of the outside world. Their security is breached one night by a desperate man seeking water for his family some miles away. Paul has no trust in anyone and he restrains Will outside in the forest for a couple of days trying to work out what to do with him. Pauls wife convinces him to invite him and his family to stay at their home and combine their resources to give them a better chance of riding out this storm.

Sadly after watching this its not really a horror film as such it's more of a dark thriller i suppose it has horror elements but its a bit of a grey area really. I loved how dark and downbeat this film is the music gives a constant feeling of dread and that there is something watching and waiting in every shadow you see. But to be honest the title of this film is very very misleading i actually don't understand why they went with that title at all. Do not go into this one expecting jump scares or creepy goings on this is more of a study of how humans react in extreme situations of desperation and what lengths people will go to survive and protect their loved ones.

I would recommend to one for definite but i think it best that you know its not an out and out horror that way you may enjoy it that much more.

7/10
Old 8th October 2017, 05:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I don't even know what the review is of.
Old 8th October 2017, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't even know what the review is of.
It comes at night.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 8th October 2017, 05:06 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 197383

A highly contagious virus is rampant throughout the countryside but Paul along with his wife and kid have secured their house and follow a strict regime to ensure that they stay healthy and safe from the horrors of the outside world. Their security is breached one night by a desperate man seeking water for his family some miles away. Paul has no trust in anyone and he restrains Will outside in the forest for a couple of days trying to work out what to do with him. Pauls wife convinces him to invite him and his family to stay at their home and combine their resources to give them a better chance of riding out this storm.

Sadly after watching this its not really a horror film as such it's more of a dark thriller i suppose it has horror elements but its a bit of a grey area really. I loved how dark and downbeat this film is the music gives a constant feeling of dread and that there is something watching and waiting in every shadow you see. But to be honest the title of this film is very very misleading i actually don't understand why they went with that title at all. Do not go into this one expecting jump scares or creepy goings on this is more of a study of how humans react in extreme situations of desperation and what lengths people will go to survive and protect their loved ones.

I would recommend to one for definite but i think it best that you know its not an out and out horror that way you may enjoy it that much more.

7/10
Hasn't someone labelled this and few other recent films as post horror?
Old 8th October 2017, 05:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A teenager who's father is part of the military that are using Trioxin chemical from the first two films in experiments, uses to bring back his girlfriend who died in an accident, which in turn will not infects others, unlike the first two films it's a straight out horror with no comedy, a lot more gory than remember. 7.5/10

Now watching one of my favourites Horror Express.

After that phantasm 2 and either

Dellamorte Dellamore

The Red Queen kills seven times
Old 8th October 2017, 05:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

DAY 9:

Hell Night (1981)

***1/2 out of *****

In-depth analysis on horror, exploitation, and other shocking cinema @ Cinematic Shocks

Like this? Share it using the links below!