Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2019, 10:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Witchboard 1986.

A young woman becomes obsessed with a Ouija at a party and begins to use it unknowing who she has conjured up.

This isn't a big budget horror but does deliver a decent flick from Kevin Tenney (Night of the demons, Witchtrap), there is quite a bit of detail into the practises mentioned on how to use the board. Tawny Kitaen plays the lead role Linda who is slowly becoming drawn to the spirit world. The film does drag on in some bits bit doesn't loose it's track and has little tense moments which are not boring, worth a watch for 80s cheesy film fans

I remember my mum renting this one back when it came out and I was too scared to watch it, still never seen it, perhaps I should track it down.
Demoncrat likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th October 2019, 11:51 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I remember my mum renting this one back when it came out and I was too scared to watch it, still never seen it, perhaps I should track it down.
I like it. Picked it up on dvd a couple of years ago after not seeing it since the vhs days. Still worked for me in fact i possibly preferred it second time round.
Old 5th October 2019, 03:24 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 4th

Trick or Treat (1986)

One of those memorable films from my 80's youth. Just as memorable for that sexy in car attack on a girl as it is the excellent Fastway soundtrack and Blackie Lawless like rocker Sammi Curr who comes back from the dead via the power of rock and roll.

Among the Living (Aux yeux des vivants) (2014)

Cult horror directors of Inside and Livid, Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo, come up with another noteworthy film of modern horror.

Harking back to classic Stephen King in which the main protagonists are three teenage boys who explore an abandoned film studio on the outskirts of their French town. To say more would spoil the enjoyment of those who haven't seen the film.

Maury and Bustillo ensure the film is swathed in dark tension even though it did threaten to lag around the half way mark but it quickly escalates again towards the finale as we are treated to one or two cracking gore effects amid some quite disturbing scenes of strong violence.

A film i'd never seen before, the opening ten seconds qualify it as a Halloween horror.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trick_or_treat.jpg (95.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 177996-among-the-living-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg (34.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 5th October 2019, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran

Day Five

Evil Dead 2 (1987)

"Then let's head on down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch."

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th October 2019, 04:22 PM
Cult Addict

To the Devil a Daughter
An occult writer is asked by a father to protect his daughter from an excommunicated priest who runs a satanic cult.
Christopher Lee doesn't get enough screen time. He needed more damn it
Anyway a great enjoyable horror kinda makes you wonder what Hammer would've been like in the 80s.
Attachment 219660
Old 5th October 2019, 06:30 PM
Cult Addict

Night Train Murders
2 college students get a train from Germany to Italy and end up with 2 thugs and an upper class woman who proceed to torture and rape them.
Italy's answer to The Last House on the Left, it's kinda what you expect following a similar story structure with similar conclusion. I really wasn't a fan. night-train-murders-aka-the-new-house-of-the-left-aka-last-stop-on-E5NHPR.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 5th October 2019, 06:38 PM
Cultist in Training

Thought i would have a change and try something a bit more light-hearted this afternoon so give They're Watching a try. Another 'found footage' type thing (something i have really started getting into lately). An artist wanting to get out of the city buys this run down house in Moldova to turn into a studio. Six months later a film crew for a home improvement tv show go along to see how she is getting along with the refurbishment. What you are watching is the footage from this film crew. I was not expecting anything from this but ended up really enjoying it (probably more than i should have) and will gladly watch it again when the wife wants to give it a try.

Things then went south as i started to watch As Above, So Below, it is about this girl trying to continue her fathers work in finding the philosophers stone in some underground catacombes in France. I had to turn off it after half hour or so as i could not stand the lead character, don't know why i just did not like her to the point i could not enjoy the film and lost interest in whatever was to unfold. First time that has ever happened to me when watching a film, i mean i have stopped watching stuff when it is that bad but never because a character annoys me that much, lol.

Will finish on a high note as The Fog blu-ray arrived today, so that will be going on once wife goes to bed.
Old 5th October 2019, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Chain Letter 2009.

A group high school teens start get messages and instructs them to forward them to other people, but when one breaks the chain the mayhem starts.

I'm sure we remember those chain texts forward this and get good luck blah blah etc, few film makers decided to make a film of it. This was a decent film, the plot may go off track but it's entertaining with some twists and turns in it. Brad Dourif stars as the quiet school teacher and Keith David as the detective on the case. It may be low rated but worth a watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 322.jpg (42.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 5th October 2019, 09:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Snakes On A Plane 2006.

After witnessing a mob execution, Sean is being flown from Hawaii to L.A. under the supervision of the F.B.I, unaware the cargo area has been filled with deadly poisonous snakes.

Did Samuel L Jackson really have enough of those motherf@£king snakes? it's bit of comedy and horror mixed with some cheesey moments. Julianna Margulies (Ghost Ship) and Lin Shaye (Insidious) star as the air stewardess and David Koechner (Piranha 3DD)as the pilot who knows a bit of Thai Hookers and Keenan Thompson (Keenan and Kel) as a unlikely hero.

This wasn't the best movie of the year when it was released but it's good for its laughs and there was some decent CGI effects for once in a film, some mild gore and one or two bits of nudity and a mile high club joiners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (14.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th October 2019, 09:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Chain Letter 2009.

I'm sure we remember those chain texts forward this and get good luck blah blah etc, few film makers decided to make a film of it.
Mate, i remember chain letters.
Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!