Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2019, 06:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A police detective investigates a number a murders which he begins to believe are the work of some type of animal , maybe a wolf. Even though it has some supernatural/ horror elements this largely a thriller. Well acted and directed, with some good kills. 7.5/10

Now watching .

Old 10th October 2019, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tower Of Evil. Seen it recommended on here so bought it and finally watched it last night a week late! The acting is rather ropey in some parts as people react to things that should surely effect them more. OK, but not something that i would seek to watch again. A bit more grue than was common for the time and a bit more t&a too, but neither of those things drag it up beyond 'ok' in my book.
Old 10th October 2019, 06:23 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days Of Unseen Horror

Day 10

s-l300.jpg

Five people are left in a sideshow at Dr Diablos haunted house fairground attraction where Dr Diablo himself promises those left with the fright of their lives for only five pounds each. Inside we see four short stories the first about a greedy man driven mad by his greed and lack of respect for his dying uncle story two is about a young woman who will do anything for fame and fortune the third tells the tale of an overly pushy girlfriend and finally a sinister tale about two of the worlds biggest Edgar Allen Poe collectors and how far they will go to have the most complete collection.

Not one of the better Amicus anthologies but it did have some good stories the Poe one was definitely my favourite with great performances by Jack Palance and Peter Cushing. But the stand out is Dr Diablo himself played by Burgess Meredith he is sinister and menacing he really did a great job acting like the ultimate carny showman going that extra yard to make a few pounds as he travels the countryside. The main problem here is that the stories feel a little rushed and very short i know its an anthology and the stories are always short but here they start slow settle the mood and them bam it just comes to a sudden conclusion and an abrupt end. Great potential but the execution was a bit off still fun but not as fun as it could have been.

6/10
Old 10th October 2019, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Predator 1987.

A team of special ops lead by tough soldier "Dutch" and C.I.A agent, Dillon travel to the jungle of South America to rescue a cabinet minister. They find out it was all a pretence and battle it out with something else not from this world.

How many times you watch this it never gets dull or boring, Big Arnie leads his posse of commandos to a jungle with Carl Weathers (Rocky) into a place they can handle except they become hunted.

There is plenty of action, gun fire and outdated one liners that might still be funny and blood splatter, the special effects have always been good and creature effects by Screaming Mad George (The Abyss) have always been great and the make up to make Kevin Peter Hall one ugly motherf@#ker is brilliantly done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268x0w.jpg (18.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 10th October 2019, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict

Piranha
A drunk and a private investigator try to find 2 missing teens, their search leads them to an abandoned military base. They drain the base releasing genetically enhanced piranhas into the local river.
I always enjoy watching this flick, however something that I only noticed now was the little stop motion creature in the lab, bit annoying that isn't the species.
MV5BYTdjZWVlNTUtMDYxMy00ZWExLTk3MzAtMDY4ODBmOWY4ODkzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI%40._V1_.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 10th October 2019, 07:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Piranha
A drunk and a private investigator try to find 2 missing teens, their search leads them to an abandoned military base. They drain the base releasing genetically enhanced piranhas into the local river.
I always enjoy watching this flick, however something that I only noticed now was the little stop motion creature in the lab, bit annoying that isn't the species.
Attachment 219814

I have Piranha 2 on my list for this month. I love the first film.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 10th October 2019, 07:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I have Piranha 2 on my list for this month. I love the first film.
That's tomorrow's film for me

Old 10th October 2019, 07:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
That's tomorrow's film for me

Is it good ?
Old 10th October 2019, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Is it good ?
Don't know ain't seen it before so an unwatched for me, it'll be an experience for both of us

Old 10th October 2019, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some students who want to join a fraternity,have to spend a night in a house in which a group of murders happened, other members plan to scare them as usual this is a bad idea as something still lives in the house and sets about killing anyone who dares enter the house. Some enjoyable kills but found it a little slow and could of benefit from a shorter runtime . 6/10

Now watching.

Like this? Share it using the links below!