All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th October 2023, 03:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 28

MV5BY2FjMTliNmEtODcwMS00MmJkLTgwMjMtZWZmNmFhZjdlMjk0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

Anna is hoping to rebuild her life after leaving a life of drug abuse behind and an abusive ex husband who also struggled with drug abuse. Anna is moving yo a new house but an evil nun starts to haunt her current house trying to stop her leaving.

I'm on a roll of shit films today. The acting is horrible and the scenarios make no scense. Usually a nun film will have some sort of religious back story or imagery but here it's just a random nun haunting a house yeah.

I can't be arsed saying any more bloody disaster.
Old 30th October 2023, 04:06 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 28

Attachment 248561

Anna is hoping to rebuild her life after leaving a life of drug abuse behind and an abusive ex husband who also struggled with drug abuse. Anna is moving yo a new house but an evil nun starts to haunt her current house trying to stop her leaving.

I'm on a roll of shit films today. The acting is horrible and the scenarios make no scense. Usually a nun film will have some sort of religious back story or imagery but here it's just a random nun haunting a house yeah.

Nun films are usually piss poor. Especially modern ones. Pretty sure the only decent one is Verhoeven's Benedetta which isn't really a horror film at all.
Old 30th October 2023, 04:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nun films are usually piss poor. Especially modern ones. Pretty sure the only decent one is Verhoeven's Benedetta which isn't really a horror film at all.
I sort I knew what I was getting into but I wanted to throw a few more modern films In this month maybe I shouldn't of bothered
Old 30th October 2023, 05:27 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 28th

Gothic (1986)

Ken Russell's nightmarish film of the creation of a Gothic literary classic - Frankenstein. Set at Lord Byron's mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva, Gothic is a wildly imaginative, drug induced tale of wanton excess. Full of hallucinatory scenes of eroticism and horror many of which are taken from classic Gothic literature. The small cast of Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, Natasha Richardson, Myriam Cyr and Timothy Spall have a riot as Russell thrusts them down the dark path of their nightmares. There's so much going on here and the film is such a visual treat it's hard to take it all in in one sitting and the film improves no end with subsequent viewings.

Seeing it once again but this time via the BFI's new Blu-ray disc really brought Russell's film to life.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1425 (Large).JPG (41.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 30th October 2023, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
30 Days of Unseen Horror

Day 28

Attachment 248561

You actually watched this right to the end?? You did better than what I did back during 2020 with my viewing of shit films including The Bad Nun and others i don't want to remember and this one.
Old 30th October 2023, 06:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Contamination. 1980.

Luigi Cozzi's....sorry Lewis Coates take on the Alien franchise that has a strange boat heading to New York...bit of a homage to Zombi and Marino Mase heading on board and finding green eggs that can make a person's chest explode. Louise Marleau is the colonel of the secret division assigned to the case and gets assistance from Ian McCulloch who saw these eggs while in space. Aside from being a Alien rip, this has always been a entertaining little Video Nastie, ok the dubbing is a bit better but noticeable, the effects for the chest bursting are good especially adding little bits in for the bowels to go flying and the cyclops creature may not be the best but does work for a 80s film.

8d99c518fafb306161b9483495f352fb73a213b2cf87cd7b18dba723fc126c2c._UY500_UX667_RI_TTW_.jpg
Old 30th October 2023, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default October 28th (2)

The Craft (1996)

New girl in school, Robin Tunney, hooks up with three wannabe witches after she shows to have powers of telekinesis. The four bond and find that witchcraft is a big help when it comes to getting through the day, both with relationships and various physical and emotional worries. Before long one of the girls, an excellent Fairuza Balk, goes after real power and witchcraft becomes more than just a game.

Starting off as a black comedy ala Heathers or Jawbreaker, The Craft quickly begins to explore themes of witchcraft and come the end, the karma that goes with it. The four girls are all excellent, especially the Manson like (Marilyn not Charles) Fairuza Balk who lets her powers overcome her in the worst possible way.

The Craft skillfully mixes a potent brew of mostly believable characters, underplayed special effects work and some nice creepiness bordering on out and out horror. Featuring an attractive cast of soon to be stars, together with an intelligent script, a cool soundtrack, a glossy visual style and smart direction which come together beautifully and help lift this above the usual teen high school flicks.

Of all the films i've watched this month i enjoyed revisiting this for the umpteenth time as good as anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault (Large).jpg (46.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 30th October 2023, 07:42 PM
Cultist

the film paramedics sounds like a remake of the Eric Roberts film the ambulance.
Heisenberg likes this.
Old 30th October 2023, 08:25 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
You actually watched this right to the end?? You did better than what I did back during 2020 with my viewing of shit films including The Bad Nun and others i don't want to remember and this one.
I couldn't move to turn it off my father's dog was asleep on my lap and if I woke him all hell would of broken loose again
Demoncrat, Heisenberg and MrBarlow like this.
Old 30th October 2023, 08:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Welcome to Mr Barlow's 24 hour moviethon, for this you will need

1. A power nap (done)
2. A horror movie bud, For this i have picked Annmarie
20231030_215135.jpg
3. Plenty of coffee
20231030_212054.jpg
4. Plenty of food
20231030_211932.jpg
5. A good amount of films

Tonights first feature is the 1979 TV film/series Salem's Lot.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 30th October 2023 at 10:33 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!