Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2013, 10:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Doris Wishman commentary on A Night to Dismember was pretty cool from what I can remember. The Russell/Carpenter commentary on The Thing is also good. The make up effects guys on Day of the Dead is another good one
Old 8th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Day of the Dead
That's just reminded me I need to rebuy the Day as a dual edition Arrow release because my old DVD with the slipcase is knacking up as it keeps catching on other dvd cases.

I always found the comm on A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS very good and informative it must be the soothing voice of Chris Frayling
Old 8th October 2013, 01:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I listened to Katrine McColl's comm on the Vipco's City Of The Living dead and in it she sounded embarrashed to be part of the film never mind talking about it on the comm
It was probably done before she realised there was money to be made from the three horror flicks she made with Fulci. It was the same with Ian McCulloch. I don't think he wanted to be associated with ZFE, Contamination and Zombi Holocaust, before he cottoned on that these were cult faves and there was money to be made through commentaries, DVD extras, conventions, etc.
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 8th October 2013, 03:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
That's just reminded me I need to rebuy the Day as a dual edition Arrow release because my old DVD with the slipcase is knacking up as it keeps catching on other dvd cases.
If you'd just done a bit of creative carving with the plastic wrapper this wouldn't happen.

Every slip case dvd i have still wears its shrink wrap if at all possible.
Old 8th October 2013, 04:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The first two Evil Dead movies feature hilarious commentaries. Not sure if I've listened to the commentaries on Evil Dead 3/Army of Darkness
Old 8th October 2013, 06:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

For anyone who digs Exploitation Cinema history, be sure to check out the commentaries on the Synapse trailer comps 42nd Street Forever Volumes 3,4,5 (and the 42nd Street Forever Blu) - jammed packed with fantastic exploitation movie trivia from the 1st trailer to the last, by guys who seriously know their stuff...

mr 420 likes this.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
For anyone who digs Exploitation Cinema history, be sure to check out the commentaries on the Synapse trailer comps 42nd Street Forever Volumes 3,4,5 (and the 42nd Street Forever Blu) - jammed packed with fantastic exploitation movie trivia from the 1st trailer to the last, by guys who seriously know their stuff...

That sounds awesome, but I'm guessing it's region 1.
Old 8th October 2013, 07:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
That sounds awesome, but I'm guessing it's region 1.
The Synapse 42nd forever series on Dvd are region free, not sure about the Bluray release though, but my gut feeling it that that release is also region free. Check Bluray.com and High defdigest.com for confirmation
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
Old 9th October 2013, 10:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
The Synapse 42nd forever series on Dvd are region free, not sure about the Bluray release though, but my gut feeling it that that release is also region free. Check Bluray.com and High defdigest.com for confirmation
Cheers, will do! Thanks a lot
Old 15th October 2013, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Official Announcement

I've just tried listening to William Freidken's commentary for The Exorcist Directors Cut and it was probably the most boring commentary I've ever heard! It's completely non-informative and all he seems to do is point out what you're watching an screen and tell you the obvious. It was like listening to an audio discriptive track!

Like this? Share it using the links below!