Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree86Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2009, 07:55 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

Hey Cloud, I'm ok, in fact this thread makes me want to dig out 'Curse of Bigfoot' again and give it another spin. The disc I have is retro-flicks and not Retromedia. They do (did?) DVD-R discs, so weren't offcial releases, but were sold on Amazon for a time. They also released 'Octaman'. The discs were nothing special but nicely packaged. I remember being relatvely chuffed with the purchase.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ah right, my mistake. I have a Retroflicks disc actually. The Assignment Terror/Blood double bill. I was very happy when I got that, especially with how obscure Blood is.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

How about NIGHT OF THE DEMON,did I mention that one before?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th January 2009, 01:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I dont think so

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 7th January 2009, 03:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Does anyone know where the more obscure bigfoot flicks can be bought from for cheap, i.e. Yeti: Giant Of The 20th Century, Geek (full length version) and any others not released onto DVD?
Old 7th January 2009, 07:02 PM
Cultist in Training
Good Trader

You can order 'The Geek' from Something Weird Video's website (they should be accepting UK card orders now, if not, very soon....but contact via email and you can order that way). It's doubled with 'Sin in 69'.

Alternately, for that and the other film you mention, superstrangevideo.com do DVD-R's. They are fast, reliable and very good service.
Old 8th January 2009, 02:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cheers. When you say UK card orders, do you mean Maestro and/or PayPal? As soon as the exchange rate improves I'll be ordering from there.
Old 23rd January 2009, 09:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched me a double bill of CLAWED: THE LEGEND OF SASQUATCH and YETI: GIANT OF THE 20TH CENTURY. Clawed is no classic and it's not even a good film but it's entertaining enough to warrant a mild recommendation though it's all been done before and the Yeti used was lame. There was one surprise scene that was actually quite creepy in the middle of the film, I won't reveal what happens because that would ruin it but it did take me off guard, though the actual scare could have been done a lot better.

Yeti was a hoot, by far the cheapest looking Bigfoot I've seen to date, he looked more like a hairy Glam Rock star than a man beast, and you could even see his underpants . That one featured some badly shot scenes trying to make this bloke look like a giant, a bizarre toe strangulation, an even more bizarre scene of a woman stroking the Yeti's nipple!! A telephone box like thing to transport the Yeti to civilization, a romantic scene between a dog and its owner and more besides (including a groovy Joe D'Amato-like softcore disco soundtrack). It actually owes more to King Kong than it does the Bigfoot legend and in fact the storyline is a clear rip off of Kong with the Yeti even lusting after the film's lead female character. It has a fair amount of boring bits but that's evened out by the ineptness of the film.

Here's a clip: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OW7Fg1_vGgg

And here's the nipple scene: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zyhaVzV0kMI

And here's the Yeti and the film's poster:

Well it probably seemed like a good idea at the time!

Last edited by cloud; 23rd January 2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 24th January 2009, 07:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Italian film is a hoot but I thought Clawed featuring a barely recognisable Miles"Ator"O'Keefe in a small role was bloody awful.That Curse Of Demon Mountain on Sci-Fi is the pits too Cloud.When the creature jumps it's suddenly replaced badly with CGI & the prosthetic mk-up is also cheap looking (How can anybody do such poor work considering what Jack Pierce was able to do with limited resources in the 30s/40s ?).A big disappointment.
Old 24th January 2009, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

You're not alone in thinking that, in fact all the negative comments about Clawed nearly put me off buying it. I was expecting a real stinker but I found a bit to like about it, I can understand why people dislike it though.

I've not seen that other one but if it has CGI then I'll probably give it a miss!

I've got some more Bigfoot in my to watch pile. "Sasquatch: The Legend Of Bigfoot" and "Big Foot: Man Or Beast" are both coming up soon. The latter is a '70s documentary and appears to be quite rare.

Like this? Share it using the links below!