All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2010, 04:46 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
I didn't like that Tobe Hooper film that featured Neville Brand, feeding people to his crocodile in a pond out back of a Hotel. That was pretty naff too. It featured an appearance from a young Robert England, of "Freddy" fame. can't think of the name of it right now though...
I don't mind "CHAINSAW"really, Thought it was pretty effective for what it was, and "CHAINSAW 2" was a lot of fun, kind of wacky, and blackly comic...
That big dude in the wheelchair from the original, was a bit a character, I'd rather be stuck in a van with "Leatherface" than that guy...
So, yeah, I like one or two of Hoopers films, but thats about it really. Oh, and SALOMS LOT too. An old favourite, featuring one of the creepiest Vampires I have seen in any film really. An iconic vamp "Mr Barlow"...
The film you forgot name off is death trap
I love TCM to give it that gritty feel aparently it was made in around 30 days and the actors kept the same clothes on during the whole duration without changing or washing them etc .....

To me apart from TCM and salems lot poltergeist, he hasnt made anything else THAT outstanding

Lifeforce and funhouse are about the only other films that are good but not that great, rest are bismall r pants, just around 3 4 off films i havent seen
Old 1st October 2010, 06:39 AM
Cultist

Forrest Gump. It did actually make me feel sick. I had to turn it off after about half an hour.
Old 1st October 2010, 09:06 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
The film you forgot name off is death trap
I love TCM to give it that gritty feel aparently it was made in around 30 days and the actors kept the same clothes on during the whole duration without changing or washing them etc .....

To me apart from TCM and salems lot poltergeist, he hasnt made anything else THAT outstanding

Lifeforce and funhouse are about the only other films that are good but not that great, rest are bismall r pants, just around 3 4 off films i havent seen
Thanks for reminding me of DEATH TRAP mate, that was the title of it. Thanks. I agree with you on most of this your saying here. I watched that SHOCKING TRUTH documentary, and they talked about what you mentioned here, about being stinky, and having to wear the same outfit for the whole gig. Couldn't of been very pleasant for any of them. I found DEATH TRAP incredibly boring, to be honest. SALEM'S LOT'S Mr Barlow is one of the creepiest looking vampires that I have ever seen. (In a film anyway.) I believe that I would physically shit myself, if I ever bumped into someone that looked like him. TCM was probably Tobe Hooper's best film, in my opinion, but I enjoyed those others you mentioned too. I only really liked A RETURN TO SALEM'S LOT because Michael Moriarty was in it. He's a good actor, a cult favourite of mine. He was great in THE STUFF too...
Old 1st October 2010, 09:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiaswragg View Post
Forrest Gump. It did actually make me feel sick. I had to turn it off after about half an hour.
Was it the box of chocolates that did it?...
Old 1st October 2010, 11:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have never been offeneded watching a movie,I have had my intelligence insulted but I have never outraged by a film before.
Old 1st October 2010, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Death Trap, aka Eaten Alive, (and many other obscure titles.) I love that film. Much better than TCM imho. Brand is on excellent form. He's totally believable .
One of the first films I bought when I started collecting films back in the day. A Classic.
I think i'll revisit this as part of my Halloween film fest.
Old 1st October 2010, 01:34 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
Was it the box of chocolates that did it?...
All that nauseating sentimentality. The scene where he finds out his mother's ill and he jumps in the ocean to (presumably) swim all the way to her, like something out of a Tex Avary cartoon ferchrissakes, was the point where I had to give up. Box of chocolates. Box of shite, more like.
Old 1st October 2010, 05:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiaswragg View Post
All that nauseating sentimentality. The scene where he finds out his mother's ill and he jumps in the ocean to (presumably) swim all the way to her, like something out of a Tex Avary cartoon ferchrissakes, was the point where I had to give up. Box of chocolates. Box of shite, more like.
Yeah, Watching FORREST GUMP is the equivalent of choking to death on liquid caramel. So sickly sweet, and over cooked. I couldn't sit through the whole thing either, and I don't feel like I'm missing out. A box of shite, is about right!

Last edited by Mahoney32; 2nd October 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 1st October 2010, 05:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Death Trap, aka Eaten Alive, (and many other obscure titles.) I love that film. Much better than TCM imho. Brand is on excellent form. He's totally believable .
One of the first films I bought when I started collecting films back in the day. A Classic.
I think i'll revisit this as part of my Halloween film fest.
I appreciate the fact that you didn't bite my head off, after I said DEATH TRAP was incredibly boring, thanks. Lol. I used to have this film on VHS, back in the day's of VIPCO. Neville Brand was alway's on form mate, he sure looked the part, in these films. I remember seeing him in a film called THE PSYCHIC KILLER as well. He Gets his, in the back of a butchers shop I think. Been a while since I've seen that one. I saw a cannibal film called EATEN ALIVE too, It was o.k, nothing special, but watchable. One of those Italian ones. I'm not sure how I really feel about some of these "cannibal" films though. How would the director of CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST feel, if somebody held him in a vice-like grip, and stuck a knife in his neck? Some aspects of these films are just not right. Just doesn't feel right, if you know what I'm getting at. Don't want to get to deep into this, so will leave it there. enjoy DEATH TRAP. I haven't seen the film for some years now...

Last edited by Mahoney32; 2nd October 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 1st October 2010, 05:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I think I would prefer to sit through I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, than FORREST GUMP! And I can't stand that film either! lol.

Like this? Share it using the links below!