Good Trader

They would have forgotten after 3 seconds... not worth the effort! ha

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 19th December 2008, 03:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Yeah they are always lousy, Mark. (Chaos was another).

I watch them because I enjoy seeing these films before the BBFC do, I find it interesting to see if the films will pass ot not. The BBFC rarely ever cut or ban anything that I like.
You know I've nothing against a good exploitation film,as I also love to see what the BBFC are denying us the opportunity to see but these are'nt even remotely entertaining or even interesting on a historical level censorship -wise (like the admittedly unpleasant Forced Entry).I'll probably get around to seeing them when I'm in the mood but I'm in no rush when there's so much decent stuff on the way .
Old 19th December 2008, 05:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
Can't see why The Isle caused so much furore - it's a masterpiece of world cinema. One of this decade's most interesting films and it didn't deserve to be protested against.

I feel sorry for the fish that lost their life, but c'mon... they're fish!!
Agreed. On both counts (the fish cruelty being trivial, and a masterpiece of world cinema). I love that film, and the korean R3 is one of my big wants.
Old 19th December 2008, 07:18 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
It's also worth noting that Uwe Boll has managed to include some of the most graphic and sickening scenes of animal abuse in his movie Seed. A scene showing a poor dog getting clubbed, then a man stomping on it's throat truly repulsed me.
Speaking of Uwe Boll, just looked on IMDB,and amongst another 3 or 4 films he has in pre production for 09/10, he's working on 'Zombie Massacre'.
Could that be as good as it sounds? I mean, this is the man who gave us House Of The Dead.
Although i have read rather good things about 'Postal'.
Old 19th December 2008, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

According to some rumours Pink Flamingos was also passed uncut earlier this year. However the release hasn't happened and it also failed to appear on the BBFC's site (although the extras did). If this is definitely true then it marks another example of the BBFC passing formerly-cut animal (in this case chicken) cruelty. Only a short while ago they cut a chicken cruelty scene from the DVD of Lee Marvin's Emperor Of The North.

Bloody Moon was once cut for video yet Race With The Devil passed intact (both snake cruelty cuts). This time around the roles have been reversed.

It would be interesting to see Argento's Inferno resubmitted again.
Old 19th December 2008, 09:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim corrupt View Post
Speaking of Uwe Boll, just looked on IMDB,and amongst another 3 or 4 films he has in pre production for 09/10, he's working on 'Zombie Massacre'.
Could that be as good as it sounds? I mean, this is the man who gave us House Of The Dead.
Although i have read rather good things about 'Postal'.
Postal's good, but a comedy not horror - albeit a very politically incorrect one. Made me laugh though.

In fact, Seed and Postal are the only two films I like of Boll's.
Old 19th December 2008, 10:57 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

does either have a UK release btw?
Old 19th December 2008, 11:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim corrupt View Post
does either have a UK release btw?
Yep both, and according to the BBFC both are uncut!
Old 20th December 2008, 07:44 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

sweet, thanks for the info.
Old 20th December 2008, 06:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Yes I watched this uncut on the Performance Channel when it was going.Some really rough snake treatment some of it prolonged IMHO, plus the poor mice on the dinner table,though snakes have to eat too.They at least don't kill mice for fun unlike my cat !.
Well it's bizarre because several examiners would have viewed this film in 2004and yet somehow, none of them seemed able to spot the numerous instances of cruelty. There must be a good reason although I can't think what it is, but it doesn't sound like the scenes were acceptable under the animals act.

Perhaps it was pre cut? Probably not though. It doesn't look as though the Hollywood DVD was ever released anyway.

When you re-watch the film, Mark, perhaps you might have an idea why the scenes got through?

Like this? Share it using the links below!