All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree200Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2024, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I remember my parents like yours would go out on a Saturday night and my sister left me get up and watch A Nightmare On Elm Street on Sky it was the 10 o clock film the scene with the big long arms freaked me out for years

That was one way to keep me quite cause she would sneak in her boyfriend
Think I saw the 3rd one first before the first 2 movies lol our video shop had a great selection but not the first 2 films.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:03 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Think I saw the 3rd one first before the first 2 movies lol our video shop had a great selection but not the first 2 films.
Speaking of video shops the back of the stuff always freaked me out of the shelf with the black guys mouth so wide open when I seen it after the arrow blu ray really took me back to standing in the video shop freaking out
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
As I mentioned here ten years ago now Jesus Christ ten years

Anyway my father having horror around the house got me into horror but it was really The Devil Rides Out that made me love it watching in one weekend late on BBC when the goat satan appeared it genuinely scared the crap out of me I loved that feeling and I was hooked.

Share your tales of your first experience of horror cinema .
Despite how filming techniques have improved throughout the years the Baphomet in The Devil Rides Out is still the best depiction of the devil on screen for me.

It looks so...real. Simply sitting there observing it's servants. No CGI shitfest required.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Despite how filming techniques have improved throughout the years the Baphomet in The Devil Rides Out is still the best depiction of the devil on screen for me.

It looks so...real. Simply sitting there observing it's servants. No CGI shitfest required.
I much prefer your description of Baphomet rather than f***ing Goat Satan where did that come from
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

All good classic make-up effects done especially with Tim Curry playing darkness in Legend.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rb8jopErNEa7BOnrvqs5hQB2lN1fBRzXOOo4HG5xU0M.jpg (37.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 17th January 2024, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran

It's a bit of a trip down memory lane seeing all of those old names, I hope they're doing well wherever they are

I'm also surprised I'd never contributed to the thread...

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th January 2024, 01:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
I remember my parents like yours would go out on a Saturday night and my sister left me get up and watch A Nightmare On Elm Street on Sky it was the 10 o clock film the scene with the big long arms freaked me out for years

That was one way to keep me quite cause she would sneak in her boyfriend
I distinctly remember Nightmare on Elm Street and The Evil Dead (while it was still banned) being a formative double bill at my then best-friends house, his mum put them on for us. I was young, probably first year in High School? I was scared of trees for a while afterwards... We also watched Twin Peaks as it aired on BBC2.

But I also remember watching VHS tapes that my mum had rented the night before and had left in the video player while she went on the Saturday shopping trip. Stuff like Witchboard, Retribution, Silver Bullet... basically all low quality crap

Old 17th January 2024, 01:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I distinctly remember Nightmare on Elm Street and The Evil Dead (while it was still banned) being a formative double bill at my then best-friends house, his mum put them on for us. I was young, probably first year in High School? I was scared of trees for a while afterwards... We also watched Twin Peaks as it aired on BBC2.

But I also remember watching VHS tapes that my mum had rented the night before and had left in the video player while she went on the Saturday shopping trip. Stuff like Witchboard, Retribution, Silver Bullet... basically all low quality crap
Same with the films still banned my father got a really bad copy of The Exorcist and told me I could only watching while it was still daylight
Justin101 likes this.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post

You mean must have Blu-rays!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 17th January 2024, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
You mean must have Blu-rays!
Well yes but with the knowledge of what you're getting they're not all entirely bad haha well maybe not Witchboard haha...

Like this? Share it using the links below!