All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2010, 10:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 4th Fella View Post
I have it. I actually have a copy of David Warbeck:The Man And His Movies. It came in the post this morning.
I was lucky enough to get a copy from an ebay seller a couple of months ago. It makes for a good read. DW is funny in his interviews with the constant use of "Darling". It doesn't fit with his macho on screen presence.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:00 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I was lucky enough to get a copy from an ebay seller a couple of months ago. It makes for a good read. DW is funny in his interviews with the constant use of "Darling". It doesn't fit with his macho on screen presence.

Yeah, I noticed that. Also, yesterday, I finally got hold of a DVD copy of Miami Golem, it arrived in the post. It was a bloody nightmare trying to find a copy, but I got one eventually.
Old 10th September 2010, 01:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

I remember reading an article in an old issue of Fangoria on Miami Golem, I hope you enjoy the movie as all I've heard is negative reviews of it.As well as David's roles in stuff like The Beyond, The Black Cat, etc, I also really enjoyed his performance opposite Peter Cushing in Hammer's classic Twins of Evil.
Old 18th September 2010, 01:47 PM
Cultist

Well, having seen Miami Golem, I have to say that it was... ok. But not a patch on The Last hunter, The Beyond, Ark Of The Sun God & The Black Cat. Current ranking...

3. David Warbeck
1. The Last Hunter (1980)
2. The Beyond (1981)
3. Ark Of The Sun God (1983)
4. The Black Cat (1981)
5. Miami Golem (1985)
6. Black Snake (1973)
7. Treasure Island In Outer Space (1987)
8. Ratman (1988)
9. Lassiter (1981)
10. Sudden Fury (1997)
11. A Fistful Of Dynamite (1971)
Old 19th September 2010, 06:39 PM
Cultist in Training

The Sex Thief is great fun.
Old 26th February 2011, 09:04 PM
Cultist

This Monday sees the release of Sudden Fury on R2 dvd. According to Amazon, the extra's are:

Trailer
Outtakes
Deleted scenes
Special FX : Applying the Gore
Photo Gallery
Bitter Vengeance - Sudden Fury is based on characters in short film.
New Featurette -12 years on! The FURY still burns
New Directors audio commentary

I doubt HMV will stock it, so while it's far from my favourite Warbeck film, I may double dip and have them order a copy.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks for the info! Will check that out at some point.
Old 4th March 2011, 11:55 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post

Particular highlights of his career for me are his appearances in the Gui La Testa and The Last Hunter.

Gui La Testa is of course Duck You Sucker, or more commonly known as A Fistful of Dynamite. If you've seen the remastered uncut version, Warbeck's character is incredibly poignant and important.
I did'nt know that and I've got the Fistful dvd in my 'to watch' pile. Have you come across any of his latter roles? I think one was called A Day of Violence or something similar. I remember reading about it in the Darkside many years ago.
Old 4th March 2011, 01:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I did'nt know that and I've got the Fistful dvd in my 'to watch' pile. Have you come across any of his latter roles? I think one was called A Day of Violence or something similar. I remember reading about it in the Darkside many years ago.
I think you might be getting confused with Sudden Fury, mentioned above. A Day of Violence was the same director's recent follow up. It's possible that Sudden Fury might have had the working title of Day of Violence which is why Darkside reported it and maybe Darren Ward has recycled it.

A Fistful of Dynamite shows a maturity evolving in Leone's work and the themes of friendship twisting into a tragic outcome may well have influenced John Woo's entries into the Heroic Bloodshed genre of the late 80s. It's well worth sticking on. I hope you've got the expanded version as some crucial scenes with Warbeck were missing originally. I love the Eastwood movies but Giu La Testa is a more satisfying film in my view. It's just a great shame that Eli Wallach couldn't star in it. Rod Steiger is ok but the irony is, he's playing Eli Wallach!
Old 4th March 2011, 04:42 PM
Cult Addict

[QUOTE=wayfarer;133025]I think you might be getting confused with Sudden Fury, mentioned above. A Day of Violence was the same director's recent follow up. It's possible that Sudden Fury might have had the working title of Day of Violence which is why Darkside reported it and maybe Darren Ward has recycled it.

QUOTE]

I will dig out that old Darkside.

Like this? Share it using the links below!