Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Horror Stars & Directors
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2012, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
People mostly judge him by those lame Cannibal films but they should be looking beyond all that and judge him by his early Gialli and police films. They'll see he's done much, much better than CANNIBAL FEROX.
Lenzi himself apparently feels the same way and prefers to be celebrated for his cop thrillers and slashers rather than his carnivorous capers.
Old 10th July 2012, 03:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Well, I quite like Lenzi's cannibal capers and make no apology for it. However, his cop thrillers and gialli are also very good. Not quite the equal of Martino, but close. Syndicate Sadists, Almost Human, Eyeball and Seven Blood Stained Orchids are all top notch. Spasmo is okay, but the reveal at the end is a bit silly.
Crimson Blade likes this.
Old 10th July 2012, 04:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lenzi is good and i agree that Cannibal Ferox is overrated. I really like Eaten Alive! though.
I must re-watch my DVD of Black Demons someday. Didn't he state somewhere that he was very pleased with it except for the lead actress?

As for his thrillers i'm a little ashamed for not have seen many of them. Must change that..
Old 14th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Cultist

I believe Lenzi did a rather in depth interview for the upcoming The Cynic, The Rat and The Fist disc.

Like this? Share it using the links below!