Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st February 2024, 09:37 AM
Cult Master

'Pre-sale' tickets for Hammersmith are priced at £58:25 / £64:25 / £75:25 / £91:25

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd March 2024, 04:50 PM
Cult Master

190-Million-Year-Old Fossil Named In Honor Of ALICE COOPER

"A new fossil has just been named Serpula alicecooperi in honor of the American singer and performer Alice Cooper

Serpula alicecooperi is 190 million years old, and represents a serpulid worm, a kind of marine worm who constructed a calcific tube it lived in. They live by filtering the sea water with their crown of tentacles, and when they feel threatened, they can retract their bodies into the tube that closes with a lid. The fossil was found by amateur geologist Mette Hoftstedt in the 190-million-year-old Hasle Sandstone on the Danish Island of Bornholm and was handed over to the researchers on Geomuseum Faxe in Denmark to be studied and identified. The study describing and naming the fossil was conducted by researchers Tomas Koči from the Natural History Museum in Prague, Czech Republic, Jesper Mil?n and Sten Lennart Jakobsen from Geomuseum Faxe, Denmark and Arden Basforth from the Natural History Museum of Denma

Mil?n says: "When we studied the fossil, it quickly became clear that it was a new and unknown species of serpulid worm we were dealing with. Being both a palaeontologist and a huge fan of metal and rock music, I have always thought that if somebody deserved to have a fossil named in his honor, it should be Alice for his enormous impact on the musical scene during the last half decade, and his music has been firmly playing in the background during much of my research."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alice Cooper fossil.jpg (45.8 KB, 28 views)
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 2nd March 2024, 05:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

'Alice Cooper' and '190 million year old fossil' should not be in the same sentence.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 5th March 2024, 01:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would certainly class myself as a genuine Alice Cooper fan but I'm not sure that he has made an enormous impact on the musical scene during the last half decade??
Old 5th March 2024, 11:59 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I would certainly class myself as a genuine Alice Cooper fan but I'm not sure that he has made an enormous impact on the musical scene during the last half decade??
I imagine it should read 'last half century'.
Old 5th March 2024, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran

That?s weird I ready it as century and never even noticed it actually says decade haha. It?s definitely meaning 50 years rather than 5.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th March 2024, 06:26 PM
Cult Master

WWE wrestler John Cena as Alice in the Amazon Prime movie 'Ricky Stanicky'

There is a very short clip in the films trailer, but be warned...it doesn't look particularly highbrow!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg John Cena as Alice.jpg (19.6 KB, 17 views)

Old 25th March 2024, 01:44 PM
Cult Master

Coming soon: 'Unleashed Spirits - The Rise Of The Hollywood Vampires'

Old 9th April 2024, 03:41 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
...in Australia there is the 'Pandemonium' touring festival in April, which also features Deep Purple, Blondie, Placebo, Wolfmother and others

20th - Caribbean Gardens, Melbourne
25th - The Domain, Sydney
27th - Doug Jennings Park, Gold Coast
28th - Sandstone Point Hotel, Bribie Island

Major changes and anger with regards to this!

Fury over ?botched? Pandemonium Rocks music festival / Australia News .com
"New rock music festival Pandemonium Rocks has officially announced that six major acts ? including two headliners ? will no longer be playing at the event.

Over the weekend it was confirmed that international headliners Placebo and Deep Purple would no longer be performing, but Blondie and Alice Cooper remain on the list.

Punk icons Dead Kennedys and Gang Of Four have also dropped out, as well as Perth group Gyroscope and Thai up-and-coming band Petch.

Despite the six bands that have been slashed, seven acts still remain.

Cosmic Psychos and Palaye Royale are also still scheduled to play at this point in time.

The news comes following weeks of speculation about whether the event was going to go ahead at all, following several news reports that claimed it had been cancelled.

Event organisers responded to these reports two weeks ago, announcing that they would be forced to shrink their offering from two stages to one.

However, at the time they did not confirm which artists would play the smaller event. This left fans anxious their favourite acts may not make the cut.

Many ticket holders have now been left furious over the changes, taking to social media to vent their frustrations.

?Not good enough. I was wanting to see Placebo, Deep Purple and Dead Kennedys. So get f**ked if you think I don?t deserve a refund,? one angry customer wrot

?This has all been grossly mishandled, I want a refund for such a botched event,? another said.

?I?m fuming. I would never have bought tickets for this line up,? one added.

?I want to see the acts I paid for.?

?This festival has fallen to pieces,? another wrote.

?It is so sad to see what is happening to events in Australia.?

While full refunds will not be offered, organisers confirmed to news.com .au that attendees can choose one of three options: a complimentary GA ticket for a friend, a partial refund of $70, or an ?exclusive? Pandemonium hoodie.

Those who do not make a choice by April 12 will automatically receive one complimentary GA ticket to give to another person.

?It will be Pandemonium this April! Recently pandemonium, it seems, has ensued,? an update from the festival organisers read."

Old 20th April 2024, 01:31 PM
Cult Master

Alice has just headlined the opening night of the Australian 'Pandemonium Festival' with a truncated (70 minute) set consisting of:
  • Lock Me Up
  • Welcome to the Show
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • I'm Eighteen
  • Under My Wheels
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Hey Stoopid
  • Department of Youth
  • Snakebite
  • Feed My Frankenstein
  • Poison
  • Black Widow Jam
  • Ballad of Dwight Fry / Killer
  • I Love the Dead
  • Elected
  • School's Out / Another Brick In The Wall

I am still waiting to hear of the theatrics involved, but I am led to believe that it's a continuation of the 'Too Close For Comfort' tour, with the giant on-stage video screens

Like this? Share it using the links below!