Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2013, 08:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
That's a great book Wes. I've spent a small fortune collecting CDs based on it, though I disagree with his views on Tyrannosaurus Rex as ISB rip offs.
Yeah, that's a tall claim alrite, and even though I don't know much by either ISB or Bolan, I never made any connection between the two...

I should admit right now that I've become a bit of a Springsteen whore in the last few weeks - I saw him back in July and it was a road to Damascus moment. Old age settling in I think. This time next year I'll probably be listening to Joni Mitchell...groan....
Old 15th August 2013, 08:18 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just for you Wes. Truly amazing song.

Old 15th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default spring time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, that's a tall claim alrite, and even though I don't know much by either ISB or Bolan, I never made any connection between the two...

I should admit right now that I've become a bit of a Springsteen whore in the last few weeks - I saw him back in July and it was a road to Damascus moment. Old age settling in I think. This time next year I'll probably be listening to Joni Mitchell...groan....
Wow i thought I was the only one,hit my 40's and got a liking for Springsteen,Do you think its like The Crazies and there's been a chemical spill in the water supply,just a thought.
Old 15th August 2013, 08:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
Wow i thought I was the only one,hit my 40's and got a liking for Springsteen,Do you think its like The Crazies and there's been a chemical spill in the water supply,just a thought.
It's well worth considering... My music collection is beginning to look slightly schizophrenic lately, with the likes of Springsteen rubbing shoulders with likes of SPK and Swans. I dunno what's going on really...
Old 15th August 2013, 08:35 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
It's well worth considering... My music collection is beginning to look slightly schizophrenic lately, with the likes of Springsteen rubbing shoulders with likes of SPK and Swans. I dunno what's going on really...
I like that and have a similar type collection. I see it as a major transgressive act against my younger hipster self. Which can only be a good thing.
Old 16th August 2013, 02:21 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Right now, Nas - Illmatic (3am, been drinking wahaahaha). Listening to a lot of Nujabes and other mostly instrumental music whilst I sleep recently.
Old 16th August 2013, 02:42 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Right now, Nas - Illmatic (3am, been drinking wahaahaha). Listening to a lot of Nujabes and other mostly instrumental music whilst I sleep recently.
While you sleep eh, subliminal relaxation or sommit like that.

I've heard of sleep walking, i wonder if anyone ever sleep dances, i'd pay to see that.
Old 16th August 2013, 02:59 AM
Cult Addict

Doctor help me, the other night i was woken up by a terrible racket in the bed room. i turned on the light and there was Harold on the bedroom floor doing the twist and the mashed potato in his pyjama's while still asleep. i wouldn't have minded but it's the first time in years i've been kept up all night by a terrific banging in the bedroom.
Old 16th August 2013, 07:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The sound of guitar waves gently lapping against a sunken city...

Old 16th August 2013, 04:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Death - In Human Form

Like this? Share it using the links below!